You can point to a dozen critical moments in a double OT game

Viewing 3 reply threads

Uterider
      Ute Fan
      @uterider

But the one that stands out to me was Collette not having the self control to pass on that reach in foul behind a fast breaking guard.

Well now he rides the pine for the rest of the first half. To put it as mildly as I can, I believe that may have been worth the two points that decided the game.

I realize that just because he looks like a 35 year old CPA I think he should be smart. He’s not.

Did Rabb play about 14 minutes with 4 fouls? I think he did. It was some minutes in regulation and then the full 10 of the overtimes. Really? Larry? Tommy? It’s not like we didn’t waste a possesion or two during the OT’s. Maybe we could do a little something right at Rabb? Guess not.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Rabb not fouling out was HUGE. How do you not isolate Kuzma and Rabb every time down the floor and get Rabb out of the game? 

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

With 3 minutes left Rabb, Okoroh, Moore, and I believe Rooks all had 4 fouls each. Get as many of them to foul out as possible, starting with Rabb.

loyter
      Ute Fan
      @loyter

Rooks fouled Collette hard on at least one move to the hoop, Rabb pushed Kuzma twice in the span of 30 seconds going over his back for rebounds… Etc, etc…

Those guys weren’t going to foul out last night. Kuzma and Collette, and out guards all made moves to the basket and Cal’s bigs weren’t backing off. They must just be magical non-foulers.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Goes back to my team/coach smarts comment.  If you have crucial players on your opponent’s team with 4 fouls, you go at them.  If you are down 3 with 1 second left, you don’t shoot a 2-pointer.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) You can point to a dozen critical moments in a double OT game