17 players and coaches test positive

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I doubt we play next week or at all for that matter.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Based on a high number of COVID-19 cases in the Utah football program, the resulting isolation of additional student-athletes due to contact tracing and on the recommendation of local and regional health officials, Utah will be unable to play its scheduled November 14 game at UCLA. With an additional positive result today there are currently 17 confirmed positive cases among Utah football student-athletes, coaches and staff and an additional 11 members of the program are now in quarantine due to contact tracing protocols, putting Utah below the Pac-12 threshold of 53 available scholarship student-athletes.

3 4

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Comes two weeks after Halloween (and a massive party with thousands of people) and a day after shattering our positive case record. Anyone really surprised? Selfish people in our community don’t care about preventing the spread.

Combined with the PAC12 dragging their feet on getting a season going, and no wiggle room to reschedule, I’ll be surprised if we see any Utah football this year. It sucks.

6 1

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

And yet, BYU has zero cases 🤔

cicampbe
          Ute Fan
          @cicampbe

BYU has lots of cases early in the season.

PhiladelphiaUte
            Ute Fan
            @philadelphiaute

The tdS also doesn’t have a testing program as stringent as ours.

2 11

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Elohim is a big BYU fan.

3 5

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

If you created a church and that church owned a school, wouldn’t you be a fan of that school’s sports teams?

2 5

dystopiamembrane
              Ute Fan
              @dystopiamembrane

Like maybe their #1 fan?

2 5

dystopiamembrane
                Ute Fan
                @dystopiamembrane

And, wouldn’t you give them a leg-up sometimes, if you were able?

3 6

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

It’s the only true college football team on the face of this earth.

2 4

dystopiamembrane
              Ute Fan
              @dystopiamembrane

I suppose the only way to know with a certainty is to pray about it and wait for that burning in one’s bosom.

salty-ute
                Ute Fan
                @salty-ute

I feel a burning in my bosom when the Utes make a big play or win a close game. Must be God’s true team!!

1 4

dystopiamembrane
                  Ute Fan
                  @dystopiamembrane

Well, according to the rules, you must be praying at the time of the burning. Otherwise, this might be indigestion, or worse, Lucipher. Be cautious of false bosom burning, Brother salty-ute.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

No conference rules, litterally no adult supervision, write your own rules for yourself.

3 1

Larry B
            Ute Fan
            @larryb

“Spread a highly contagious disease and we’ll look the other way but if you even THINK about drinking a beer, so help me…”

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

And suddenly the week after BYU Boise state has 9 positives. Coincidence? 

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

They most certainly do. Being an independent is finally paying off for them. Nobody to answer to and no reasonable oversight.

HoosierUte
        Ute Fan
        @hoosierute

whats the story of this Halloween party?

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

If any football player went to a Halloween party and now the entire team can’t play, I’d be p**sed if I were a player on the team doing everything right.

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

Look, I know it is fun to blame “other people” for not doing their part (it is always someone else’s fault!) or act as though this spike is unique to Utah – but the reality is there are spikes going on in areas where there have been strict lockdowns for months, not just Utah. The virus is gonna virus.

Unless you have completely self-isolated (and I know few people who have–even those that are fully supportive of lockdowns break the rules, and act as though they are exempt: see Cuomo and Newsome), you are also potentially culpable. And if you have managed to completely self-isolate, try to have some understanding that not everyone can live that way. Some people need to still go out of their home to earn money for food. Some people need to leave their home for supplies. Some people get suicidal if they stay isolated. Some people suffer abuse when locked in the homes with an abuser. Some people need medical treatment for things OTHER than covid. All of those people are potential spreaders. Selfish bastards.

UrbanLiar
          Ute Fan
          @urbanliar

This spike is primarily caused by people relaxing their Covid prevention strategies in small (or defiantly large) social groups. Workplace Covid transmission is relatively small. Travel is relatively small. It’s the Saturday parties with our good friends we “trust”, and that’s when a simple plan for watching a movie in our basement with our friends infects 8 people. Nobody wants a long term lockdown. Everyone needs to work. Just don’t let your guard down.

4 1

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Just go back to the original plan: No fall season, PAC12 plays abbreviated season in the spring.

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

Agree

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 17 players and coaches test positive