1st half clock mgt

Viewing 1 reply thread

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

having calmed down a bit, i do question the end of the first half 4th and 15 let’s go to the locker room cuz we get the ball in the 2nd half.  we had 2 timeouts and 20 seconds left.  call one on fourth down, at least try a play to get into fg range.  if you don’t make it, they get the ball on their 45 ish yard line.  i can see both sides on this but when it’s a fg defensive game, you have to take your chances when you get them.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

There was some nasty wind.

oc_ute
        Ute Fan
        @ocute

didn’t know that but as plan b, run the clock to 3 sec, timeout, hail mary, hope for a pi

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

Whitt and company stated that they didn’t think he could make the throw into the EZ.

oc_ute
            Ute Fan
            @ocute

A pi gets us a fg attempt.  All we needed was a few yards

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

And a short interception gets them a Pick-6. Risk v. reward must be taken into account.

oc_ute
                Ute Fan
                @ocute

I think whit was remembering the timeout he shouldnt have called in the first game

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

Both Head coaches played it close to the vest offensively. Peterson had about two attempts at unique plays. I call them unique vs “trickery”. TT tried a few as well but the defenses sniffed it out. Gaskin got lose on the one unique play. Man that kid is a good back. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 1st half clock mgt