2 Red Rocks make Olympic team

Viewing 4 reply threads

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Congrats and good luck. If they all play for the rocks next year look out!!
      McCallum and Skinner on Olympic Team

MauchDawgUte
      Ute Fan
      @mauchdawgute

Kara Eaker going as an alternate as well. Don’t know if Skinner would come back but damn we would have 3 Olympic gymnasts on our team.

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

GO UTES!!!! 

homer
        Ute Fan
        @homer

If MyKayla returns, this will be the most talented Redrocks group so far. Imagine all arounders in 2 Olympians, 1 alternate, O’Keefe. I guarantee Grace will become an instant fan favorite. Her personality is magnetic.

Get the vault scores up, hold onto the uber strong balance beam and consistency of floor and uneven bars of last season and there should be another NCAA Championship trophy to add to the collection.

These ladies are a joy to watch.

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

Thought MyKala already stated she was rerurning, or was that conditional based on Olympics?

1 5

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I still think we’ll be a step behind next season. Recruiting/coaching are not what they once were.

1 3

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

2022 Team Recruiting Rank

Ranking School
        1 Florida
        2 Alabama
        3 Georgia
        4 UCLA
        5 California
        6 Penn State
        7 LSU
        8 Ohio State
        9 Southern Utah
        10 Arkansas
        11 Michigan
        12 Oklahoma
        13 Kentucky
        14 Minnesota
        15 Utah

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

A young team finished 3rd in the country by <.3 of a point and they’re going to be ” a step behind next season” after bringing back MyKala Skinner????

Crazyforu
          Ute Fan
          @crazyforu

My exact thinking as well. I don’t understand the logic in that comment at all.

1 3

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Yes, they are going to be a step behind those teams, again. I wasn’t implying that they would be terrible in any respect. The goal for a team of this caliber and legend should be a national championship. They have not acquired the talent to do that, in my opinion. I have made additional posts as replies to my original post above to provide reason for my thinking. I would, of course, love to be wrong.

noneyadb
            Ute Fan
            @noneyadb

Sydney Soloski also stated she was returning. The only other senior is Alexia Burch, and I’m not sure if she is able to return. If you’re basing your evaluation on recruiting a lone, Utah landed some really good young ladies last year and possibly don’t have the positions available resulting in the low rankings this cycle.

dystopiamembrane
              Ute Fan
              @dystopiamembrane

You make good points. I could be wrong, certainly. And, I hope I am. But, it has been so many years in a row that our highest meet score is less than the average meet score of the teams above us. That shows to me some lack in some aspect of the way we go about things, be it recruiting, coaching, training, nutrition, etc. What is the reason in your mind?

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Other Ute Sports 2 Red Rocks make Olympic team