2014 USC Game

Viewing 3 reply threads

Mark
      Ute Fan
      @onsidekick430

I re-watched the last part of the 2014 game. I totally forgot about the 4th and short where the USC receiver steps out of bounds. We were totally beat when he did that. Along with the PI call later in our drive those two plays set us up for the last second win. Would be nice to get a solid 2 score win against these guys tonight. If we do I think we’ll be set up to make a strong push for the division this year.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Agreed.

And honestly, I don’t care if they’re down. I want to beat them. And I want to establish a pattern of beating them. Because our program is getting better and better. And if we can make it a habit and an attitude of beating them year in and year out, that’d be great. Can we make that happen? Please? OK thanks.

popbirch
      Ute Fan
      @popbirch

That game was actually pretty weird all around.
      Remember the first quarter when we returned a fumble for touchdown and Orphey dropped the ball after getting hit just prior to the endzone but was never reviewed. The pass was labeled backwards so it was fumbled. Free 7 pts for us. The same thing happened later in the game but for USC but was ruled not a fumble so but got overturned so they didn’t get the free 7 points.

Also we fumbled twice on the goal after great drives. booker fumbled at the 1 on the second drive of the game. Then after a klay 51 yd return back to the inside the 20, patrick fumbled on the 1 yd line. This one was returned by jackson but blown dead and overturned.

There was also the return for 100 yds by usc.

We gave up 14 points on TOs and 7 on special teams and still won.
      Its one of my favorite ute games of all time though. It was an amazing experience to see live and watch that last drive.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Isn’t that the game where Dres blew out his knee?

That ending was amazing.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 2014 USC Game