2018 PAC12 South division Utah’s for the taking??

Viewing 5 reply threads
      2 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Just give USC like 25 injuries again and I think Utah has it.

quagmire
      Ute Fan
      @quagmire

No way…chip kelly will pick up right where he left off at Oregon. 

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

Losing to Auburn and running from the NCAA?  Man I hope so!  Giggidy!

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

If we stay healthy, I don’t think there can be an excuse to not win the South this coming season.

-UCLA, new coach, new QB.
      -USC, new QB (likely).
      -Arizona, new head coach.
      -ASU, new head coach and coordinators.
      -Colorado, booffaloes.

Oregon (new head coach), USC, UW, Arizona are home games.

Go Utes!

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Be excited, but not unreal. I’d put Arizona as the front runner right now based on talent alone. Now, depending on who they hire can change that, but they are absolutely loaded right now. 

It will be a three team race between Arizona, Utah and USC for first in the south. 

I love Huntley’s potential, but I’m not sold on him. I fully expect an open competition this spring between Huntley, Shelley and Tuttle. 

I also fully expect Tuttle to not win the job. 

Also, it would not shock me if Shelley was our starting QB vs Weber State. He has a HUGE uphill battle to get there, but it wouldn’t shock me if he did it. 

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

I’m not high on Zona. Their defense is sub-par and they are a one trick pony (Khalil Tate) on offense. I think at this point there is enough tape on him to be able to create a gameplan to contain him. Though, to your point, they have always given us fits.

But with a new Head Coach and possible coordinator turnover as well, plus the fact that it’s a home game, I like our odds.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Do you feel Huntley regressed as the season went on? I was really impressed with him pre Arizona. The bowl game left me absolutely sure he could lose his job if he keeps on taking those hits. 

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

I don’t feel he has regressed. I like Huntley. A lot. From what I’ve been told, I worry that he feels like he needs to do it all. And he doesn’t. Also, Shelley is good. Very good. If he was three inches taller, he would be at a blue blood. 

Combine Shelley’s talent with some of the areas Huntley needs to improve, there should be an open competition. 

IF Huntley improves, he will run away with the job and we win the south. If he doesn’t, Shelley will go after that job hard and potentially win it. 

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

It feels like as Carrington worked through his injury the Ute offense really struggled. Also finding that identity with Moss has been hard because of Huntley.  Huntley needs to find a new favorite target in Covey and have a little more trust in who he is throwing to.  Never forgetting he has Moss who is meant to take hits. 

I never used to believe it under any of the previous OC’s but with Taylor I think it is an open competition.  Whoever wins the job really did win the job. 

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

rumors are that Darnold is staying, so it will be USC’s to lose. Arizona probably #2 with Les Miles if they hire him. Utah and UCLA dark horse

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

Aw man, Darnold was checking all of the boxes of being a perfect Cleveland Browns QB against Ohio State! Looks like he really knew how to take a sack and turn the ball over. Classic Browns QB material. Shame he’s sticking around.

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

Darnold and Rosen have both declared for the draft. 

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

that’s good news, the south is open for the taking

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

The South has always been open for the taking. To think not is revisionist history. There have been several seasons where our November swoon did us in, injuries or otherwise. We have failed to date but I am hopeful we will eventually win just from shear random variation (see Colorado 2 years ago)

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 2018 PAC12 South division Utah’s for the taking??