2018 preseason hype compared to that of 2004 and 2008?

Viewing 3 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Being an international citizen, I did not get the opportunity to experience the 2004 and 2008 seasons (FML!). And I’m curious about the preseason hype for those seasons. How does it compare to that of 2018? Were your expectations as high as they are for 2018? What was the general fan mood like? What was the media’s assessment of those teams? Did anyone predict that we’d be BCS busters?

2 2

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

The problem with 2018, is we never had a USC in our conference. We were the USC in the MWC. 

1 3

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Stanford, Washington and USC are the Utah/TCU/asshats of the MWC. We are the equivalent of Air Force or SDSU. 

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Are you arguing with yourself here? 😉

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

2008 I believe local asses were on the TDS teet. I think the conference media guys from outside this media market had Utah TCU deciding the conference. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Yeah, 2008 was all zoob love fest. They were going undefeated, then they were going to beat Utah and bust the BCS. Then Utah was going to get embarrassed by Alabama. 

There was no hype that year. 

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

Was that the Quest for Perfection year or was that yet another zoob love fest? 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Quest was 2009 I think?  

FtheY
              Ute Fan
              @fthey

You’re probably right. I think that was the worst slogan they’ve had. 

Great1Ute
            Ute Fan
            @tribute

2008 was indeed the Quest for Perfection year.  I remember that because after the season ended I saw “the Quest has moved North” t-shirts popping up.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 2018 preseason hype compared to that of 2004 and 2008?