2023 Schedule

Viewing 6 reply threads
      1 3

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

11 P5’s and Weber State. Trade Stanford/WSU for Cal/UW. Open with Florida then go to Waco.

Expected departures: Rising, Kuithe, Kincaid, Phillips, Diabate, Enis, Dixon, Daniels (?), G. Reid

Given only that with the expectation that some teams will be expected to improve (Arizona, UW, Colorado), some should take a step back (UCLA, Oregon state) and the rest be fairly similar to their 2022 output.,, is 7-5 a reasonable expectation or the floor?

1 1

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Do you enjoy Trailer Park Boys?

UofU Fanatic
      Ute Fan
      @uofufanatic

I try to be optimistic.  Here is my thought. 

Basically played without kuithe this year.

CP, gonna miss him but I feel we have emergence of other CB the last half of the year. 

Dixon, money parks has some top speed to help with that. 

Enis, great blocker (except some penalties) but didn’t feel like he was amazing). Be fine

Diabetes, we usually fill up line backer no problem. I think losing Lloyd last year was worse than diabetes.

Gabe Reid,  amazing but a position I feel good about. 

I am so excited to see the athlete that is Nate Johnson.  I will likely be as excited as ever next year.  A full year of practice we will see.  And we have not seen the complete chaos of the portal yet.  Buckle up!

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

The start to next season will be a challenge.  It will be more difficult because we will likely have a new QB leading our team.  We will also need to replace most of our WRs. I’m optimistic about our RBs and Online.  I think our defense could be very good if we can find a suitable replacement for CP3. 

I wish we started with Weber, but it is what it is.  it will be interesting to see who our QB will be on Sep 2. 

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I like our chances against Florida in the opening game. Anthony Richardson, their QB that had a Heisman-worthy game against us in Gainesville, will surely depart for the NFL this offseason.

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

I expect a few more departures. The portal taketh away…

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I’m starting to get the feeling, at least as long as KW is here, that Utah no longer rebuilds but reloads. The proof is in the Utes’ record. Starting with 2014, and throwing out the 2020 Covid season, the Utes have averaged almost 10 wins a season (9.375). That’s getting close to blue-blood territory.

ayoriver
        Ute Fan
        @ayoriver

At some point, you would think we would just submit to the evidence in front of us, but that’s easier said than done. I think we all hedge against the potential that it all comes crashing to a halt to a degree, and it guards us against a let down. I completely agree on the reload though. 1. We are still a very young team and numerous underclassmen were big contributors in back to back championships, most of whom will return. 2. By the end of the season, our best DE was a converted WR in his first year at the new position, our best RB a converted QB, our best healthy TE didn’t play football before he got to Utah, our two best LBs a walk on and a true freshman, our NB became a complete stud once he finally got into football shape after his mission, our second best corner a walk on. That’s just from this year’s team, to say nothing of the Devin Lloyd’s of yester year. 3.K Whitt said it right, Utah is a program now. 4 of 5 years in the CCG, back to back winners one drubbing Oregon TWICE and the other taking down USC TWICE in the same season, one win better than the next. 4. People around the country are getting to see what the other Pac teams have know for a while now and Saban learned in 08′, you have to play your best game to beat Utah, and even then it isn’t a guarantee. USC was 6-6 in the redzone in SLC, and lost, they lost their best player and one of the best in the nation and didn’t stand a chance. Ohio State had a record breaking passing game against our backup RB/CB and couldn’t put us away until the very end. 5. We have one more year before we add the selling point of playoff contention year in and year out to our recruiting pitch, and I would add to that the laws of supply and demand will work themselves out with NIL because teams still only have so many scholarships. Kids today that value that most are the same kids that valued the logo on your helmet most, pre-NIL. Realistically, kids Utah wouldn’t get and probably didn’t want anyway.

Sorry for that rant. I just love this team, and I think the outlook has never been brighter, even if all those players that could leave, do leave. Go Utes!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 2023 Schedule