Viewing 3 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute
      2 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Huh. Makes you wish Kyle could have won the PAC-12 one of the three times he was one win away…

That sucks. I get losing kids to USC and Alabama. But Washington? That sucks. They are no better than we are. 

Sweetness
        Ute Fan
        @sweetness

??? I think we will always lose more than we win when it comes to recruiting against UW, so long as their program is not a mess.  There’s a reason they’ve consistently had top 20-15 recruiting classes the last 7-8 years. Seattle is an amazing city and UW is a great school.  No shame in losing this battle. We were never in it with Kaho.

4 1

UteFanatic
          Ute Fan
          @utefanatic

In addition, Peterson is one of the best coaches in the country. 

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

When has Whitt been one win away from winning PAC 12?

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

He must mean the pac-12 south.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I am not going to have this discussion with you again. The obvious answer is a lot of reasons. 

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

The problem with those rankings is they depend on the number you sign, as well as the quality of the recruits, measured in star rankings. So since we are signing a smaller class (because of returning missionaries) we generally won’t challenge for those higher numbers. The average star rating usually puts us somewhere in the middle of the pack (or PAC, if you will).

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

For example we are currently ranked 80th, with a numerical rating of 131.21, but with an average rating per recruit of 86.23. BYU is 68th, with a numerical rating of 147.92, but a per recruit rating of 81.96.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

With who Utah is still in consideration for and positions needed, fully expect that average per recruit to drop.

Utahute72
          Ute Fan
          @utahute72

Why would you expect that? I think we’ll see some positive movement in the coming days.

noneyadb
            Ute Fan
            @noneyadb

Their top targets that signed elsewhere. Maybe they pick up a LB’r from USC, but considering who they are getting committs from that were previously unheard of leads me to believe that they have missed out on a few kids. Plus the targets that are considering Utah have a ranking below that 86 average. Unless they somehow sign Sewell, Irvins, Hufunga, Olave, Enis, and Williams… 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 247 sports news I just saw.