3* Safety commit – Jeffrey Ugo

Viewing 3 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Looks like another solid get! His highlights remind me of Marquise Blair. Go Utes!!
      Jeffrey Ugo committed

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Hopefully, unlike Blair, he can avoid getting the flags.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Hopefully he turns out to be a good player. Lowest rated recruit so far no? Whatever, I trust scalley to find quality players

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

I think we evaluate safety talent as well as anyone. Five stars or no stars, if we think a safety prospect has ‘it’, we’re usually right. Ugo is fast and athletic, and hits hard. Looks like a Utah safety.

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

It is true that we have had amazing success with safeties.  Eric Weddle most notably.  Ugo may be the next guy at Utah.  However, you think our great success at safety would translate to us being able to land some top-tier safeties.  Ugo was not being recruited by any top national programs.  When we beat our Utah State for a player …  I know Eric Weddle probably had fewer offers than Ugo and we all know what happened.

We have a program that develops defensive backs into NFL talents as can be seen by last year’s rookie class where 5 different Utes played as rookies.  That’s amazing.  We are getting some 4* guys, I am surprised we aren’t getting more.

I hope Ugo becomes an All-American!!

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

I gotta think this is the year where you trust coaches more than recruiting stars. I think we’ll see a lot of underrated recruits performing well in a few years. Many of these guys have not been able to show off their skills in a long time 

Charlie
            Ute Fan
            @charlie

Utah has a history of finding overlooked players, maybe noting good talent that has been under developed by their HS coaches. That seems to be the niche that is better developed than whatever it is that ASU does to draw in someone with lots of P5 offers. I do know that our coaches want athletes hungry to take the next step that do not feel like they have arrived yet. We will get some highly rated recruits however this is the bulk of the roster. The coaches have been able to move the range of the hidden talents up the scale quite a bit since Weddle.

Hellhound152
              Ute Fan
              @hellhound152

Bartle legit questioned why Utah would use a scholarship on “lanky low 3 star who seemingly has no defined position.”  That guy turned into Devin Lloyd.

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

@OnlyU, just because I’m curious, what’s your take on Ugo? (Pronounced “Oh-go” I think.

Him and hopefully Ahmaad Moses that is apparently committing to a school today at 4 (probably a Ute?).

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

The only take you need is Scalley’s evaluation on NFL DB talent is among the best in the nation.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 3* Safety commit – Jeffrey Ugo