37 fouls in a 20 minute 2nd half last night

Viewing 2 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

That is absurd. It wasn’t even a physical game. Both teams were drawing fouls because they knew they would get called

Minnesota Ute
      Ute Fan
      @minnesotaute

Yeah, it was pretty hard to watch for sure.  I was impressed with how the boys dealt with it though.  And Kyle was really really good last night, he came up with some really big buckets.  Played with foul trouble, he and Collette both, really well for as tight as they were calling everything especially against us.  I really really hate the bail out foul, there were way too many of those last night. 

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

If PAC-12 refs officiated in the Big East, ACC or Big 12 they would be ran out of the building by coaches, players and fans.  They are the worst refs in college sports both in football and basketball.  I have seen better officiating at Jr. Jazz games.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Yeah, Pac-12 football refs have been recognized even here in Big-12 region as the worst in the P5.   Sounds like sour grapes to complain about officials but that game last night was just awful.   CU got a whistle every time they drove to the basket.   The contact that was called a foul on the 3-pt shot was the defender brushing the forearm of the shooter during the follow-through.   It was neither hard contact nor did it affect the shot trajectory – no harm, no foul.   Meanwhile Collette took so many shots to the face from XJ’s elbow I thought he would surely get a nosebleed by the end of the 1st half.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) 37 fouls in a 20 minute 2nd half last night