52-19 Utes.

Viewing 3 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Utah is going to thrash the Bruins. Moss is going to have a great day but I also think Huntley is going to continue his upwards trend. Shelly will get to take over all of the fourth quarter to and get the final rushing TD with his feet. 

I also expect one Defensive score for this game. Tupai gets a scoop and score.  

I had this game as a blowout in preseason but I am even more confident in that now. Extra day of rest will be nice for next week. 

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Moss O/U 200 yards?

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I want to say under. Not because of talent, but because of usage. I think Utah and Moss know he is gone in a few months and they want to keep him healthy and develop RB’s behind him. 

Weve got 6 games left. I wonder if we will start to see some more freshmen play here and there if the game gets out of hand (ie Brumfield). 

I think Moss gets 15-18 carries and has 130-160 yards. 

Anonymous
          Inactive

I really want to see sone of our younger RBs. 

Anonymous
          Inactive

I really want to see some of our younger RBs. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Yeah I think under as well. Huntley will get a bunch. This UCLA defense just is bad very bad. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m a fan of Jaylon getting a pick every week. I’d like to see that continue. 

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

Nothing would please me more than to see that score at the end of the game tonight.

Chip Kelly is a good football coach, a run oriented offensive coach to boot. He has four games to review on how Utah runs its offense. He and his coaches will find a way to disrupt the juggernaut that we have seen in the last three weeks.

UCLA may not have our respect, but they should. I’ve been surprised at how Kelly has pulled this lot together by mid-season. I don’t think they are the patsy everyone else does.

If Utah can dramatically minimize silly mental errors that have marred virtually every game this season, then it could be a runaway game. Even in the USC game, Utah fumbled three times, had a blocked punt, muffed a punt reception, tried for interceptions when a batted pass was the best option, missed OL assignment causing Huntley to either scramble or throw the ball early, and the D missed on whole lot of first touches for tackles. I’ve watched every game since WSU three times. When you do that, you see the good, the bad and the ugly. After each game, KW talks about the bad and the ugly. To win like we all want Utah to win tonight, in a blowout in the Rose Bowl no less, the team collectively needs to minimize errors.

I want the game to be a blowout, my internal caution meter is swinging today. The Utes must be sharp and ready to play some of their best football.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Agreed mistakes have been prevalent. Huntley has been so efficient though it hasn’t been a huge deal. The NIU and Washington games it was a HUGE deal because Huntley wasn’t efficient at all. 

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

I agree with the take on mental errors. They have gone relatively unnoticed because we’re playing at a high level otherwise. If we limit the mental errors (especially turnovers), we should win against a team like UCLA. But let’s be honest, most PAC12 teams are capable of beating their counterparts on a given day. We cannot keep shooting ourselves in the foot if we expect to win.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.