60 in 60

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I know some of you think that the 60 in 60 deal on 1280 is a joke.  However, I think the players like the recognition.  In the end,it is meaningless.  However, it can be fun to speculate and disagree with the local media.

My prediction for the top ten in no particular order:

Moss

Huntley

Covey

Anae

Fotu

Penisini

Johnson

Guidry

Love

Wilson

BYU Player (not sure who)

Other possibilities from Utah include:

Blackham

Bernard

Bowen

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

“WiLSon Is ThE beST iN tHe sTatE.”

Good hell they are cucks on that station for TDS QBs. 

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

I don’t understand why people get upset about it. Whether you agree/disagree with the list or think there is bias, who cares? If nothing else, it provides some fun football talk during the long buildup to the start of the season. 

As things stand now, I think the Utes are pretty well represented, meaning we only have 5 players listed so far and they have revealed numbers 60-39. We are likely going to have another 20-25 players on the list in the top 38. The top 10 will likely have 7 or 8 Utes but I don’t think it will be a clean sweep.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Everytime I take a minute to tune in they are talking about Wilson.  So it is confirmation bias whatever you want to call it. I don’t care I stopped listening. 

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

First- who’s Blackham?

Second- two of the three top TE’s in the Pac12 were ranked In the 40’s and 50’s.

#60in60 is a joke trying to rank players based on last year’s performances vs completely different opponents. Would Wilson, Love, or Bushman have the same stats playing a P5 schedule? No. They should just do a top 10 player ranking for each school and quit trying to keep Brigham on par with Utah.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Sorry, I am just an old guy who screws up from time to time.  I think you know I meant Blackmon.  My bad.

I admit I was surprised that our TEs were ranked that low.  That is one of the fun things about 60 in 60, disagreeing with them.

I think that they were fair last year and I suspect that Utah will have 7 of the top 10 players this year and I think that is fair.  Of course USU does not play the same schedule as we do and BYU only plays half the schedule we do.  But, we had great players in 2004 and 2008 when we played a much lesser schedule.  Did Alex Smith not deserve national attention because he didn’t play in a power conference? 

Do BYU and USU have some very good players?  I say they do.  Look at what USU has put in the NFL the last decade.  They have had some studs.  Is Zach Wilson a good QB?  I think he is.  What would he do against top opponents?  We will see in September.  Unfortunately, we will not get to see Love play against top opponents.  But, he has received a lot of very positive national attention by those in the know.  The Love for Love is not just a local thing.

Bytheway, you do not have to listen to 1280 to see the 60 in 60 results.  I rarely listen to the station.  I just go online to 1280 the zone once a week or so and view the results.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

UteDuke
          Ute Fan
          @uteduke

USU plays Wakeforest and LSU this year, so we actually will get to see Love play against some top flight competition. We won’t get to see how he might play with P5 talent surrounding him, but that won’t necessarily stop him from showing just how good he really can be.

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

oh yeah… Wake Forrest is a true powerhouse.

UteThunder
              Ute Fan
              @utethunder

ACC team that has won 7, 8, & 7 games the last 3 years including 3 bowl wins. They are a quality opponent for the Aggies.

chinngiskhaan
                Ute Fan
                @chinngiskhaan

he referred to them as top flight. That is far from the truth. They are decent, we were pretty much always better than them as a MWC team.

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

I think WF is better than TDS, SUU and NIU if we are comparing non conf. 

UteDuke
                  Ute Fan
                  @uteduke

I really was mostly referring to LSU, and included Wake Forest just as another P5 that I felt is comparable to teams Utah and BYU will play this year. If we’re getting nitpicky though, Wake Forest tends to be known for fielding a formidable defense. Considering the premise of the whole comment was being able to accurately measure how good Love is, their “top flight” defense is all that really matters in the scenario.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.