4 1

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

I like the way you think!

ladyinred
                Ute Fan
                @ladyinred

i am sad for the person who is giving this thumbs down. One of the few bright spots of the 2017 football campaign was the 15 sacks threads, and they must have missed them all.

ironman1315
                  Ute Fan
                  @ironman1315

It’s a meme at this point here.

A day may come when the meme of 15 sacks fail. But it is not this day. A day of Zoobs and of shattered fields. When the age of UteHub comes crashing down! But it is not this day. This day we stand and joke that Utah will get 15 sacks!

EastCoastUte
      Ute Fan
      @eastcoastute

9-3. + bowl game.

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

This. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Winner. 

1 13

Ute Bc
          Ute Fan
          @utebc

If we go 7 – 5 we should fire Whittingham

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

He will be retired or resign just stop. 

1 10

Ute Bc
              Ute Fan
              @utebc

If we go 7 -5 we should and will fire Whittingham.  What are you his kid?  

Italy88
                Ute Fan
                @itacoatiara22

No we shouldn’t.

Chidojuan
                Ute Fan
                @chidojuan

We shouldn’t look at the situation the same way a big football school would. Utah can recruit and play with the big boys, sure, but how much of that is because of Whittingham? A lot in my mind. Who will we get that is better than Whittingham at this point? Former successful Utah coaches aren’t coming back, with the exception of Gary Anderson. Successful G5 coaches are a hot commodity in the traditional powers, and wouldn’t be interested in Utah. I’m up in the air on Gary Andersen, a lot of people here like him, but what the hell was going on at Oregon State? I really like Scalley, but he is unproven as a head coach. Who do we get? I don’t believe we go 7-5, which will translate to 8-5 with a bowl game win, but with how young this team is, I think we have the fifth least amount of seniors in the nation, he gets at least one more year after this one before his seat gets warm.

6 1

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

He is Utah’s HOF coach. He basically got his retirement deal this past season and Utah just hired a new AD. Good way to get fired in the next few years would be to fire Whitt. I don’t think Utah goes 7-5 it is possible with injuries or something crazy. 

I swear we sometimes have too big for our britches syndrome most days. Utah has never been a football school. Under Whitts tenure that has changed significantly. 

Chidojuan
                  Ute Fan
                  @chidojuan

Exactly. I don’t know if we’ll ever be the school that people are afraid of playing, but we’ve at least become the school with big, powerful athletes that you’ll regret playing. Even if you win. I’ll take that over the conference whipping boy Oregon State.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Yep. I have 9-3 + bowl game.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Here’s what I’ve got, game by game:

8/30 – Weber State – W
      9/8 – @ NIU – W
      9/15 – Washington – W
      9/29 – @ Wazzu – W
      10/6 – @ Stanford – Loss similar to last year. We do a decent job containing Bryce Love but he breaks 1-2 big runs and we lose.
      10/12 – Zona – W in a close game.
      10/20 – USC – W — freshman QB for USC can’t keep their head in a raucous RES and turns the ball over too many times.
      10/26 – @ UCLA – W
      11/3 – @ ASU – L – I have this as our WTF loss. Manny Wilkins plays lights out to beat us
      11/10 – Oregon – Toss up, I really can’t predict this one. Oregon has been a tough out for us all but one year. Maybe Covey is their kryptonite and we get a W, but I don’t know.
      11/17 – @ Colorado – W
      11/24 – BYU – Win by 14+. BYU fans sulk at home and drown their sorrows in leftover gravy from Thanksgiving.

So I’m in the neighborhood of 10-2 and 9-3 depending on Oregon and whatever our WTF loss will be (ASU for me).

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Where is the fun in imagining losses in July?  Just embrace it National Champions baby!  🤞

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

We can’t win the July natty. The zoo already did. 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

They can have February-June. Utah is taking July from the bitches. 

TheJuggernaut
        Ute Fan
        @thejuggernaut

I’m leaning toward 9-3:
        8/30 – Weber State – W
        9/8 – @ NIU – W
        9/15 – Washington – L. Best D we’ll see all year, and it won’t be close.
        9/29 – @ Wazzu – W
        10/6 – @ Stanford – L
        10/12 – Arizona – W
        10/20 – USC – L. FR QB yes, but surrounded by elite talent.
        10/26 – @ UCLA – W
        11/3 – @ ASU – W
        11/10 – Oregon – W
        11/17 – @ Colorado – W
        11/24 – BYU – W

Oregon, Arizona, and Stanford are toss ups, I think we end up 9-3, but we just as easily could be 8-4, 7-5, or 10-2. I think 10 wins is our ceiling, +1 for a bowl win. We’re going to find out that the schedule difference between us and USC is going to be too much to overcome. Next year, though, we swap Oregon for Oregon St, and Stanford for Cal. We’ll be the ones with the favorable schedule.
        As a side note I’d LOVE to get 10 wins and get Boise in the Fiesta Bowl.

Matthew Thomas Castleton
          Ute Fan
          @mcastleton928

I agree. However, with the talent Utah has on their team, plus them getting their most difficult games at home (sans Stanford), coupled with the rest of the division looking weaker than last year, I’m going to be bold. I’m picking Utah to go 11-1, with their sole loss coming at Stanford in a close game. This is going to be a special season for the Utes. They’ve NEVER been more talented than they are now. They’re uber-talented on offense. Their defense looks STACKED. They’ve got the best special teams in the country. I see NO WEAKNESSES in this team. The way that they played in November of last year coupled with their dominating win over West Virginia has quite convinced me. Plus they’ve got Britain Covey back. He was instrumental in Utah’s sole Pac-12 win over Oregon. Utah’s only win over Washington came that season too. If they stay healthy, on paper, this looks like a serious Pac-12 Championship contender. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.