Viewing 2 reply threads

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Athletes can now be paid.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Yikes. Things are about to get real interesting. You think the blue bloods have a monopoly now…

Utebeam
        Ute Fan
        @utebeam

I’m with you. As much as I think NCAA rules for pay are not in the best interest of the student it will only help the rich to get richer. If you’re not a blue blood school, recruiting just got a lot more difficult. I don’t see how any school could compete with the dollars Alabama generates and could pay to its student athletes. Seems like the advantage the elite schools will have might push us to another division for schools.

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

Title IX is going to have some say in pay. It might be better from a parity standpoint to equalize pay and funnel it through the NCAA as an organization. 

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I’d love to see Utah in D-III. There’s some fun locales out there.

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

D-III has a 32-team tournament. How much fun would that be? AND, d3football.com is one of the best informational sites for college football out there.

dystopiamembrane
              Ute Fan
              @dystopiamembrane

PS Did anyone notice the logo of Union College?

dystopiamembrane
                Ute Fan
                @dystopiamembrane

We could start a D-III rivalry – The Battle for the Block U.

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

I’m interested to learn why at least a couple of you expressed disapproval with the idea of our Utes in D-III. Please let us know your thoughts.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I am excited for what comes next!

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Yes, stand by for Division 1-Prime with higher salaries and benefits that only a select few blue blood schools can afford.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

I didn’t find more recent data than 2013 but this is what the top sellers look like. Top sellers equals top players paired with TV eyeballs and geography balance shrivels fast. This probably can’t be solved without an act of Congress and fights in court.

Note this is not complete. The Zona schools and Utah are highest ranked. Oregon and USC aren’t listed. I think it’s sales through a particular organization. My guess is an industry level list is behind a paywall that only companies would pay for

https://247sports.com/college/west-virginia/board/105475/Contents/Collegiate-Merchandise-Rankings-71665814/

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc 9-0 SCOTUS ruling against the NCAA