90% sure it’s going to be the Texas Bowl in Houston vs. the Texas Longhorns

Viewing 8 reply threads

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

NFL stadium located in an area we recruit well in against the flagship school in that state.  I hope this happens!  (KSt is another option)

Not sure it’s news yet and not quite a guarantee but looks pretty good as of today.  Trickle down from this weekend could affect this as well.  Don’t hold me to this one but I like our chances.

Other tidbits: We’re still in it for the services of 5 Star – Talanoa Hufanga out of Oregon.  In Home visit last night.  Most say Oregon/SC but we were on him early and could sneak one.  Not getting my hopes up but he would be an immediate difference maker at LB.  

Also after Pima CC LB Bryant Pirtle – offers to Oklahoma, A&M and Oregon…good chance as any with him.  Solid get if we can lock him up.

Obvioulsly if we shore up the LB spot next year we’re going to be very formidable.  Chase, Donovan and Cody are good to serviceable there (especially if we can get Blair back).  Lloyd adds depth but we need more.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Thanks ONLYU. In your opinion does Huntley play ? 

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Yes…that bowl isn’t until the 27th.  Ribs should easily be healed by then.  I think Fitts and his collarbone would be a good possibility as well.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Yeah that’s a whole month away at this point. That will be great.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Excellent! I like this match up a lot better than any pac 12 affiliated bowl below the Holiday. Hope it happens, would be sweet. 

ragtownute
        Ute Fan
        @ragtownute

I’m more pumped about this bowl after a 6-6 year than I have been about any of the other bowls we’ve had with 8-9 wins (except the Sun Bowl).

Seems there is a big drop off in bowl quality after our conference top 3. 

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

There’s something wrong with the PAC12 bowl tie-ins.

The last 3 years we won 9 games, 10 games, and 9 games…and our bowl opponents were Colorado St., BYU-P, and Indiana.
      This year we won 6 games…and we’re going to get a better bowl opponent than any of the last 3 years.

What’s wrong with this picture?

Red Don
        Ute Fan
        @reddon

I’ve been thinking the same thing.  Worst record in years and, at this point, looking like a better Bowl opponent and I’m more excited about Bowl prospects this year than the last three years when we ended the season ranked.  

BYU-P in Vegas? No thank you and never again.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Primetime TV (ESPN) game in a fertile Utah recruiting area sounds pretty good! 

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

Well not to be Debbie Downer, but the ESPN guys have us going to either the Birmingham Bowl or the Independence Bowl.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

therealu
      Ute Fan
      @therealu

IF we get Blair back? Is there a chance his football career is in jeapordy? I thought he would miss spring ball, but back in plenty of time for fall camp. Is that no longer the case?

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Just meant that we’ll see how he responds – hopefully no set backs with recovery.  Always some uncertainty with an ACL. 

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Fingers crossed for the Longhorns!

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 90% sure it’s going to be the Texas Bowl in Houston vs. the Texas Longhorns