A disappointing loss

Viewing 4 reply threads

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
      Ute Fan
      @alaskasteveutealum

This was disappointing, although the Utes played hard. There is a lot of room for improvement. The defense wasn’t stifling, and I don’t recall seeing us sack their QB for a loss. Not scoring on that first drive of the 2nd half was more important than the interception at the end of the game. We’ll learn from this game, but unless Florida goes undefeated, I don’t see us in the CFP playoff—even if we win the rest of our games.

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

Wilmer seems to think we have a shot still but we’d have to be perfect from here on out. 

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Possible in theory, but unlikely. We need to win out, and Oregon and USC also need to be 10-win teams. Georgia, Clemson, B12 champion also need to falter. TL;DR we don’t control our destiny from a CFP standpoint.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I’d call it a disturbing loss.

uteloverofart
        Ute Fan
        @uteloverofart

Call it what you like, but in my opinion tiday was a disturbing loss. This is, of course, UNLIKE what the sports media “talking heads” will say there’s no way that can’t keep us from preventing this from happening next time, (no matter who is talking). Thank you but NO thanks. 🙂  Cheers. 

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

Seeing the way Georgia played today vs Utah, the CFP may not be where the Utes belong. Granted it’s early in the season, but that level of talent is pretty incredible.

MurrayUte
      Ute Fan
      @murrayute

There’s lots of positives to build upon. Had there been no fumble on the goal line, this would have been a different game. Had there been no slip on the one year line, this would have been a different game. Had there been no false start at the goal line, this would have been a different game. Had there been no interception in the end zone, this would have been a different game.  ALL these are correctable. 

The Gators QB is a rare combination of size, speed and for a young player, a great decision makes. He is in short a phenom. He was the difference maker. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football A disappointing loss