A few things I expect to see tonight.

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Of course I hope/expect a win.

I think you will see Huntley run more tonight in the RPO than we have seen previously this season.  USC will focus on Moss and Huntley then needs to take a few opportunities to run.  I am not talking 10+ runs, but 5 or 6.

We get Covey the ball more this week.

I don’t think we blitz a lot because I believe Scalley thinks that Slovis cannot get the ball downfield if we drop 7 and sometimes 8.  He will allow the underneath stuff and try to prevent the deep passes IMO.

I expect some deep throws to Thompson, Dixon and possibly Enis.

Dante Guardi
      Ute Fan
      @danteg12

Im thinking Devin Lloyd has a huge night. USC likes those underneath passes and I was listening to the Bill Riley show a few days ago when he had the PFF guy on, Cam Mellor. Cam was saying Devin has the 2nd best coverage grade out of all LBs in the country and with those underneath routes i expect him to eat up those USC wrs. GO UTES

1 1

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I’m not so sure about Huntley running much tonight.  Scrambling?  Sure.  But designated runs?  Not so much.

The Trojans have been surrendering an average of 264-ypg thru the air, but only 145-ypg on the ground.  That suggests they’re more vulnerable through the air than they are on the ground.  And since our RB corps can handle the running attack, I think we’ll be seeing a bigger emphasis on the passing game tonight.

Just my opinion.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Only? 145 per game is a pretty poor number. Like 70th out of 123, Or, in other words, bottom half.

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

USC’s passing efficiency defense is 65th.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football A few things I expect to see tonight.