A pretty important break on Saturday was the muffed fake punt

Viewing 4 reply threads

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

Had they not called illegal motion on that play we would have been pretty screwed. I liked the call but that snap was horrible…

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Except a Cal player was lined up WAY offside and they missed it. His helmet was past our snappers.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Yeah neutral zone infraction right?

rbmw263
          Ute Fan
          @rbmw263

should have been

Samak
      Ute Fan
      @samak

It wasn’t a very well called game. Refs were missing picks by Cal’s WRs and holds by its D-line all night long.

While Hobbs was holding the jersey on the last play, if you look closely the Cal player was trying to shove him off before.

Anonymous
        Inactive

That was a great no call. Hobbs made a great decision to grab hold after he shoved him.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

My aunt turned to me and said right before that play, “is this a good time for a fake punt?” I said NO WAY. I stand by it.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

I think the fake was there and would have worked easily. That play probably goes for 5 yards in that situation, because we had 7 big blockers in a tight wedge, with a big LB running the ball (was it Whittingham?), against a defensive front that was wide open up the middle.

Execution was lacking unfortunately (bad snap fumbled by the back) and fortunately (false start negated the play).

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football A pretty important break on Saturday was the muffed fake punt