According to the latest FPI – we have a 47% of beating UW

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

The is the highest it has ever been, but I just don’t understand why it is not close to 60%.  UW did look good in a loss to Oregon a week ago.  But, overall they have not played well.  They looked bad against Stanford earlier this month. 

Utah has played amazing the last four games.  We have given up 10 points in the last 14 quarters.  The TD came with less than a minute to go against our backups at OSU and the FG was the result of a fumble inside the 20 against ASU.  Our starting D has not given up a point since the first half of the WSU game.  Last night Cal got inside Utah territory the first time they had the ball.  They never crossed the 50 again.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Massey has the Utes #10 with a 49% chance of a win at Washington. Link

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

Probably cause Its at Washington and they’re coming off a bye . Not to mention Peterson .. with all that being said; I still really like are chances this year; this is a special team; tough SOBs

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

In the preseason I was thinking this Washington game was a loss. I didn’t like the bye for Washington, I was worried about November and I was worried mostly about health. Utah has struggled mostly in November because of injury imo. 

Well Whitt thought of that to. Utah has played significantly less snaps than they have in the past. This has preserved Utah’s depth and kept the best players available. On defense everyone is really healthy which has made Utah extra formidable. 

Offensively I think Moss might be at the peak of his collegiate abilities. Huntley and Paulo both iced up and played. Absolute Warriors. For the most part Huntley didn’t take too severe of hits. Ludwig schemed an excellent game plan for Cal. Huntley looked good improvising on the botched snap roll out broken play to Moss. Speaking of that play how many times is that usually done on Utah??

I haven’t watched Washington as much this season. The Cal vs UW was kind of weird(Delayed kick) and it was when Cal was at their best. Looking at common opponents.

I just feel like Washington is going to get a fully engaged Utah defense. I can’t help but feel like the refs will cuck us somehow. The spots in that Cal game were terrible most of the night.

I am feeling fairly confident right now though. Scalley and Ludwig are just dialed in with their players right now. 

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I agree. I think we make them one-dimensional very quickly. If we can labor the big pass plays, they’ll be ineffective.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

We played less snaps but Tyler is still banged up.  He will be the X factor.  If he’s good, we have a great chance.

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

This is true.  We are a much better offense with TH at full strength.

DefenseAgainstTheDarkOC
        Ute Fan
        @robotvandal

Washington is going to come into the game with fresh legs and prep, but the Utah squad is going to want it badly. They remember last year and Washington’s squad doesn’t have that same chip on their shoulder.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

The reason is Utah is in the road and UW is coming off a bye. 47% is reasonable.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football According to the latest FPI – we have a 47% of beating UW