After sleeping on it …

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

The Defense was as good as it could be.  But, I have no idea how good/bad Weber’s offense is.  Holding any team to 3 first downs is amazing.  If there weren’t back to back offsides – they may have only had two first downs.

I was hard on the Special Teams last night and I still feel that they were not as good as we expect from our guys.  But, the punting was very good, the fake punt was great and there was little opportunity for returns.  I do not understand why we were taking fair catches on kickoffs.

Covey was great and Marinar was also very good.  I am excited for Enis.  The other wide receivers had bad games IMO.  I like the fact that we used the tight ends.  We need to do it more IMO.  Huntley looked too hyped up.  He needs to look at BJ films from 2008.  He always kept his emotions under control.  Our offensive line didn’t look very good IMO.  I admit, that I am not looking too closely at them.  I just know that Weber was stopping the run more than not.  We did have some huge runs; Moss, Covey (twice), Shelley.  

I understand why the coaching staff doesn’t do much live work (preventing injuries).  But, no live work hurts in early season execution.  No one really took a hit until last night.

They say the best improvement happens from game 1 to game 2.  We have nine days.  We have a lot to improve on.  I hope to see better offensive execution next Saturday.

Go Utes!!!

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

We’re going to be taking a lot of fair catches on kickoffs with the new rule that it goes to the 25 regardless of where it’s caught within the 25. Whitt addressed the punt returns in his postgame and he wasn’t happy with it. Basically said our blocking was garbage and we need to get Covey more space

The OL wasn’t terrible in pass pro but they were horrid for the run game.

Dixon had probably the best catch of the night and TJ Green is going to be big for us – He is fasssttt

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

The new rules are practically eliminating the kickoff return – for safety.  If it weren’t for the possibility of the on-sides kick, they might as well just place the ball on the 25 after each score.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football After sleeping on it …