2 1

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Errrrmmmkay… that was a major bust

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Yep, the SEC and ESPN know that we mean business now.

“Better watch out guys, we may schedule Wake Forest in the next 25 years”

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

Cut to the chase.  Are we hosting Clemson next week or is it still Weber St.?

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Can you imagine? Clemson at RES! Sign me up!

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

I’d love it if we went down to an 8 game Conf schedule and then added 1 B1G and 1 ACC game each year. That would be amazing!

9 1

CincyUte
          Ute Fan
          @cincyute

I can picture it now.  Beautiful warm afternoon in early October.  A sizable visitors section goes wild as the Clemson Tigers run out from the new south endzone facility in orange and purple, with those iconic tiger paw helmet.  Then–moments later–our team emerges dressed in gray with navy boats on our helmets.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

hoping for honor among thieves i guess

GibUtes
      Ute Fan
      @gibutes

Here’s my dream alliance setup —

Every year, one week is scheduled as Alliance Week. Promo the crap out of it on all the partner networks. Let’s just say week 4 or whenever, but make it the same every year.

For Alliance Week, one conference hosts all home games vs the other two. Example, Pac12 schools all at home, with 6 B1G schools and 6 ACC schools on the road. Then the next year, you rotate who is the host conference. B1G hosts, with 7 Pac12 and 7 ACC schools on the road. Next year, ACC host and B1G and Pac12 are on the road.

While they don’t work completely evenly because of conference size differences, your school can expect 2 home and about 2 road games in a 6 year cycle. If you are not playing in the Alliance Week games that year, schedule someone else (each schools equivalent of TDS, etc.)

I would cut to 8 conference games personally, but it would only be one OOC game per school so they could keep it at 9 if the schools really wanted.

Maybe make some sort of conference wide trophy/bragging rights system somehow?

Mule
        Ute Fan
        @mule

Love it. Send it to the commish.

Chilly
      Ute Fan
      @chilly

I wish the Pac-12 could figure out a way to improve the Pac-12 Network (and the relatively limited revenue that comes with it) as part of this alliance, rather than limping along until the current deal expires in 2024. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem like that is part of the discussion currently.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football alliance now public. handshake agreement