Am I correct in thinking this…

Viewing 5 reply threads

Uteusmc
      Ute Fan
      @uteusmc

There are actually 2 very viable ways we could make the Rose Bowl – 

1.) Obviously USC loses one more game and we win out including the P12 Championship – Preferable

2.) Oregon wins out and gets selected for the playoff.  This gives USC another loss but even if we drop another one and USC makes the P12 Championship, the Rose Bowl is not compelled to take a 4 loss, runner up USC team over a 2 loss Utah team since they are not getting the P12 Champion.  In fact, since there would be 2 games seperating them in overall record I don’t think the RB would be able to take them even if they wanted to.  I know that is how it works for the Holiday and Alamo selection (They can take a team with a worse record as long as that no more than a 1 game loss seperates them)

I realize that it is a bit convoluted but my pea size brain is just trying to see some different angles to get into the RB.  

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Interesting concept. 

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

I’m way more out of the box. Oregon loses one more before the P12 Championship. USC loses to Oregon in the Championship.

Oregon to the Rose Bowl, Utah to the CFP because we win out. LOL 

I know the East Coast bias would never let that happen, however if we were to win out we’d be pretty close to the top 4, definitely playing in a big bowl game. Problem is the lack of playing in a Championship game would give ample opportunity to get passed over by a one loss champion.

Hal Evans
      Ute Fan
      @dixieute

If Utah wins out it will mean beating Oregon in the Championship game…..Utah will go to the CFP…

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Not neccesarily. If both Utah and USC win out, Utah does not win the south and make it to the CCG.

1 4

LongDuckDong
      Ute Fan
      @utahdawg

No way the Pac-12 gets a team in the CFP, NO FRIGGIN WAY!

2 SEC team will go (likely Alabama and LSU)
      Clemson
      The Big10 Champion (likely Ohio State)

No way a one loss P12 gets in over a 1 loss SEC team or a 1 loss Big10 team.

Utah needs to focus on the Rose Bowl and the only way they’re going to that is to beat Oregon in the P12 Championship.

Mule
        Ute Fan
        @mule

Here’s how Utah COULD get into the CFP. Will it? Probably not. Either way, I just want to beat Washington! So sick of losing in every close way imaginable to those clowns!
        247Sports-Utah

Hal Evans
      Ute Fan
      @dixieute

IF Utah wins out with 1 loss and Oregon only has 1 loss going into the conference championship the winner will beat out a 1 loss SEC team and only 1 SEC team will go….LSU or Alabama

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Am I correct in thinking this…