Am I reading into this too much?

Viewing 1 reply thread

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

Let’s talk Ippolito. He came in as a linebacker and is now playing fullback. Does this mean:

1. That Whitt is fundamentally ok with defensive players moving to the offense where it makes sense? WHAT. 

2. While the previous 4 games were rough, that we finally have an OC that sees an opportunity and exploits it by playing to people’s stengths? 

3. That we have an OC with a system in place, but is also flexible enough to deviate from it slightly to win games based on personnel? I would never have thought we’d see a full back this year. 

4. That we’re willing to throw to anyone outside of Carrington that can catch. 

Or, does this mean:

1. It’s an edge case, maybe if Whitt allows another player to two to go to the offensive side, then let’s talk. 

2. We just need a blocker because Shyne is hurt, run DHC is too small and our tight ends aren’t that great. 

3. Dude is injury prone and out of shape, so we’ll throw him in as a full back if we have to, 5 plays a game. 

4. It’s garbage time, chalk it up to an open player. 

Keep me honest. 

Either way, let’s see more of the jumbo package. Size is now one of our strengths. 

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Corey Butler-Byrd moved from DB to WR last year… Soooo, yeah your late to the party.

Ippolito is a good player, they’re just trying to get him on the field while playing it safe. Coming in and blowing up a linebacker now and then is perfect for his measurables.

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

I forgot about Butler Byrd. Too bad he couldn’t keep his head on straight. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Am I reading into this too much?