Another season of disappointment?

Viewing 3 reply threads
      2 4

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

I think I have lost faith after last nights game, this season has all the makings of a 5-7 or 6-6 record. I don’t believe Whittingham is capable of taking us to the next level. 

Unless Whitt starts Shelley against Washington,  I don’t see how we survive.

The only good news is that another disastrous performance gets us one step closer to Tuttle playing.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Let’s all overreact after the second game. This is a good start. My turn: Utah will lose every game from here on out.

R-E-L-A-X let’s see what we do next week.

4 2

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

I don’t think it’s overreacting when your offense BARELY put up 10 points. Against a MAC team. 

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

Yes it is. Gay inexplicably missed two field goals he makes on the reg. That’s 6 more points. We stopped running in the second half for some damn reason. Let’s see what happens next week.

Dwight89
            Ute Fan
            @jordan-buckner

Those sound an awful lot like excuses. As we always say to TDS fans, look at the scoreboard dude. We put up 10 points on offense. Period. 

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

Okay scoreboard we won. We’re we all this whiny when we barely beat the Lobos in 08?

Dwight89
                Ute Fan
                @jordan-buckner

I dunno. I was doing my two year stint in Costa Rica that year. 

COFfrom83
        Ute Fan
        @coffrom83

there is supposed to be significant improvement between weeks 1 and 2, not a significant drop off. Good thing ucla and arizona suck, they’ll keep us out of the south’s cellar – I hope

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

The backup quarterback is always the most popular player among fans. There is a reason why Huntley is starting over Shelley and Tuttle right now. Those two MAY end up being better than Huntley in the long term, but the coaches don’t think they’re better than him right now.

The bottom line is, if our offensive line doesn’t show some basic level of competency, it won’t matter who is taking the snaps. The result will be the same.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

The bench Huntley takes are about as dumb as the fire whittingham takes. Dude threw for almost 300 yards against a talented defense. Iowa’s QB played worse against them, at home, and was a better passer than Huntley last year. Hubtleys completion percentage was over 64% meanwhile the WRs had 6 dropped passes.

the WRs were mediocre and the offensive line was bad. NIU has a talented defense and we knew that going in. Just stop with the stupidity. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

People will just say you remove two big plays though and his numbers suck. 

Well if you do that to every QB in the nation remove a few big plays and they all suck. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Another season of disappointment?