Any news on Curry’s injury?

Viewing 2 reply threads

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Also I hope Phillips is not too dinged-up; he was able to walk off the field.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Curry lost for season according to Whitt. 🙁

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

That blows. 

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Sucks, the way they carried him off I wondered if he broke an ankle or had a bad ligament tear in that area.

Utephoria
          Ute Fan
          @utephoria

He more than broke his ankle, it was shattered with torn ligament damage on top of that. Let us hope he recovers from this and it doesn’t slow him up next year or prevent him from walking normal.

AZUTE
            Ute Fan
            @azute

If he “shattered” his ankle don’t you think they would have put an air cast on it and brought out the golf cart?

I mean I’m no doctor but I have broken my ankle before skiing and the ski patrol secured the bone before taking me down in the toboggan

Having two OL carry him off seems detrimental to the injury of a “shattered” ankle to just let the foot dangle with nothing to secure the the ankle

The injury looked significant but are you sure it’s “shattered” as you say?

3 1

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I feel like he was starting to make an argument to be RB1. Thomas hasn’t looked like 2021 Thomas so far. Maybe he’ll pick it up in conference play.

tanute3
        Ute Fan
        @tanute3

Bernard has looked significantly better than Thomas thus far

Yergensen
          Ute Fan
          @yergensen

Thomas 16 carries – 3.7 yds/carry (was sub 3 yd avg until his last 2 carries)

Bernard 5 carries – 8.8 yds/carry

Maybe it’s time to re-evaluate.  Love TT inside the 10, don’t love him outside of it.  He’s slow, no 2nd gear, ball protection issues.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

I feel that when teams scout Utah they see Utah is going to pound it up the middle with Thomas on almost every first and second down.  So they stack the box and/or have the LBs lean inside for the run.   Need to break out of that mold by doing more play-action on early downs.  Was good to see more plays to WRs, but a lot were on third down.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Any news on Curry’s injury?