Anybody know what's up with Coach K?

Viewing 4 reply threads

AZswayze
      Ute Fan
      @AZswayze

We were standing outside Wells Fargo arena after the game and they wheeled him out in a wheelchair and helped him onto the bus. Did they say anything on TV about him being sick or something?

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Back injury of some kind.

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

I heard his back locked up.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Lower back spasm. I have great sympathy for him as it’s excruciatingly painful. I had an extreme lower back spasm happen to me back on December 4th. I was doing yard work to prepare our home for an anticipated post funeral reception for my mother (she passed shortly after midnight on the 7th, ovarian cancer). I’ve had lower back spasms before, but this was excruciating. The process to just straighten up and attempt to walk was extremely painful. I was holding onto walls, etc. just to make it to the restroom. My sister (she’s an RN) ordered me to the ER. Told me to call an ambulance. I nutted up and made it across the house (it’s a big house) and into my wife’s 4Runner to the ER.

I was sitting, well really doing a parallel bar press, in a wheelchair in ER for an hour. The nurse asked me to rate my pain on a scale of 1 to 10. I told her I had no reference point. She then asked how long I had been holding myself up like that? I told her for an hour. She came back with 2 mg of Dilaudid, a form of morphine. Before she stuck me with that I had to take a p**s. They gave me this paper mache claret jug and my wife held it while I p**sed. It was one of those moments….I will never forget. Then they stuck me with the morphine and the lights went dim. December was not a great month.

God speed Larry.

AZswayze
        Ute Fan
        @AZswayze

Jeesh, as somebody who has been lucky in that department that sounds horrible. It also makes sense, because the way he looked I was thinking he collapsed from exhaustion in the locker room or something.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Have you ever woken up with a kinked neck?  It’s similar to that.  

Visualize muscles tightening, locking up, compressing the spine such that it’s impinging the nerves that branch out from from the spine.  It compresses to the point of excruciating pain and does not let go.  Based on the look on his face, I knew.  He’ll get better.  Today and the next day will be real bad, then it will slowly improve.  By the end of the week, he’ll be at 80% to 90%. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I knew it as soon as I saw it.  Back went out.  Been there many times.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Anybody know what's up with Coach K?