Anyone else wondering why Phillips didn’t make the Stallions team.

Viewing 2 reply threads

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

Seems better than what they have now.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yep! Nice to see them get their first win. And they are undefeated at home.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Maybe he’s holding out for a job where his paycheck won’t bounce.

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

That got reported wrong. Some guys didn’t get their checks for 3 or 4 days because of a glitch with their new computer system. They had enough money to fund the league for 2 seasons BEFORE the quarter billion $ investment from the Carolina billionaire.

Vince McMahon jumped all over the story to disparage the league as did the snoots in the sports media who are programmed like robots to spout their negative talking points against any new league.

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

I believe you. But then I’m still trying to figure out why they took a $250M emergency investment if they had enough cash to fund the league for 2 years?

And my understanding is the guy who funded this latest round got a huge piece of equity – somebody quoted by ESPN says he now “effectively owns the league”.

I’m curious because the first rule of starting a new business is never get more investment than you actually need. But that sounds like exactly what they did.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NFL Anyone else wondering why Phillips didn’t make the Stallions team.