Anyone ever joined CB before?

Viewing 4 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Admittedly, I was extremely bored last night. So I got the idea to finally join Cougarboard and mix it up a little bit for laughs. Needless to say, I didn’t last long before getting thrown into their penalty box for trolling haha.

Their mods first gave me a 3 day suspension and as they’ve continued to review my posts, more hours were added on to my suspension bringing me up to a 4 day suspension. I found the whole thing hilarious, especially the comments back and forth with their fanbase, but was curious if anyone else has had a similar experience(s)?

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I got banned for life back in 2019.  And I know what you’re talking about with their arbitrary time outs.  I once got banned for 3 days because I’d pointed out that one of their new recruits they were glowing about had only 2 stars.  During my 3-day suspension, other zoob moderators came along and arbitrarily added more time to it.  They would then taunt me during my time out.  When I dished it back, they shut off my responding capabilities, so that only they could comment to me.  “Soupie” was the worst when it came to that.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Same, except mine is a 100 year ban, so I could outlive it if I reach 130 years old or so. 

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Haha! That’s too funny. I knew they had mods so I was purposely trying to keep it tame or at least I thought I wasn’t crossing the line. But nope!

This is the post that got me suspended:

RE: They really put a rose at the center of their pac12 champ rings

Uh oh, the championship rings have found their way to CB. The digs of jealousy are going to start flying all over the place. Take a deep breath Zoobs, you can get through this.

You told Ute fans ever since joining the PAC that we’d be the doormat of the PAC. That we’d never win a conference title. And that we’d never even dream of sniffing the Rose Bowl. I realize it hurts to see all of these things happen but it’s going to be ok. At least Utah can’t say they have a 63K seat Stadium right?! Who cares that it’s a pile of crap, it seats 63K…right?! And don’t even get me started about the Learfield Director’s Cup standings. Utah is nowhere to be found on the list. Never mind that nobody cares, BYU is always a Director’s Cup contender every year! And does Utah have a national fanbase?….heavens No! How about a global fanbase?…get real!! Intergalactic?…. See Zoobs, all you’ve got to do is focus on the things that Utah doesn’t have and you’ll be right as rain.

MDUte
            Ute Fan
            @mdute

But this one was my favorite. Didn’t think I was crossing the line here:

RE: This is for all of you drinking the blue kool-Aid

Hey All, sorry for being late to the thread. My shift at Chevron ran long today. But bookofdaniel makes a lot of great points. Utes are going to be good this year. We’re talking Blaine Fowler “reeeeealllly reeeeeealllly good.” Every member of the OL/DL has 4.5 speed and there’s no drop off in talent going from our 1st string to our scout team. Definitely a good year for y’all to avoid playing us.

Congrats on the Big 12. It’s good to finally see y’all get into a conference. We were starting to worry HQ was going to pull the plug on BYU athletics. Well, I need to give my goatee a little trim and then head upstairs to see what Mom’s got for dinner. Look forward to some good dialogue.

ALUF
              Ute Fan
              @dbgii77

First one was spot on, this second one was gold lol

Ute Dub
              Ute Fan
              @chestercopperpot

That’s great! self depcricating with humor and then light hearted digs. They like to ban over there and keep all the thinking in line. 

MDUte
                Ute Fan
                @mdute

Yea they had a couple of threads going about their ideas of the stereotypical Ute fan. So I jumped in towards the end and had fun playing up a few of the stereotypes. They have this weird fascination with all Ute fans sporting goatees. I guess since their stupid honor code doesn’t allow for facial hair, they see it as a sign of rebellion or sin…I don’t know. It’s weird hahaha!

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

I signed up a long time ago, but it was deleted for lack of use.

Just as well.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Was tempted to pay a rare visit to browse their frustrated posts after their hoops team lost at home to the Cougars (the ones from Pullman) last night but decided on better ways to pass my time.

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Yea the NIT blowout loss led to hilarious posts. There is not a fanbase in America that complains more about refs than BYU. I kept trying to egg them on about how terrible the refs were and before they realized I was totally messing with them, they ate it right up…hook, line, and sinker! It’s just funny how they believe all refs are out to get BYU. Has to be part of their persecution complex but it’s funny!

PhiladelphiaUte
            Ute Fan
            @philadelphiaute

It’s also funny how contradictory they are of themselves.  All the refs are out to get them, and NCAA can’t wait to punish them…

…but they’re so loved and admired, they’re everybody’s 1st choice of partners in P5 conference expansion.

Did you manage to catch yesterday’s threads where the zoobs were saying how the Y-Wazzu NIT game was set to be one of the Top-5 games in attendance in Marriott Center history?  Fan after fan left posts after post about how they couldn’t get tickets because their 19K seat arena was all sold out — within hours of those tickets going on sale.  And then the game came and went, with ESPN recording their attendance just barely over 11K.

MDUte
              Ute Fan
              @mdute

Hahaha! I missed that, so funny!

One really funny thing that happened was at the end of the game, a BYU fan (I think he was a student) went down and, out of anger over the officiating, threw a garbage can onto the court. And a security officer had to follow him up the stairs and detain him. The posts about this incident were all-time. Such hypocrisy how they love to make their little jabs “yewts are gonna yewt” and then one of their own goes and does that. They said stuff like “well no one on here is endorsing that kind of behavior”. To that I said “so what?..He’s one of yours!” Then there were a couple of posts that defended the action saying, “well the refs were garbage, serves them right having a garbage can thrown their way.”

All I know is I went to Cougarboard for laughs last night, and the Zoobs did not disappoint!!

MauchDawgUte
      Ute Fan
      @mauchdawgute

I did once just to post pictures of all the zoobs I have seen and documented at away Utah games. For some reason they believe their fans don’t go to away Utah games. Saw many at pac 12 champ game as well as the rose bowl.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

70% of their posters are hypocrites.  They preach love and sweetness and then they call out Utes, Aggies, Broncos, etc.  For most of them, if you are not one of them – they hate you.  As one CB poster posted apologetically, “You must realize that for the most part – it is the extreme BYU fans who post here.”  It is interesting that a group of people who call themselves Christian, promote so much hate.  I honestly do not get it.

I have to say, that I do not believe that the CB represents the majority of BYU fans.  I have very good friends who are BYU fans.  We can tease and have fun with the rivalry without the hate and disdain you find on the CB.  

BD
        Ute Fan
        @flyfisherman

Add Coastal Carolina fans, and Memphis fans to that list they hate. Yea, I know, some CC players had some extra roughness on Zach Wilson on a play, but that doesn’t equate to trashing the CC fan base – but they trash CC anyway. And, BYU players contributed to the big brawl after the bowl game against Memphis making it just as much their fault, regardless of who started it.

Fortunately, most of the BYU family and friends I have are not idiots – we participate in friendly rivalry banter, but it’s innocent. But the CougarBoard mentality affects their fan base – I’ve had to work with a few CougarBoarders and they are toxic and arrogant. Fortunately, most of the BYU fans I know are not like that. But if I were a BYU fan, I would be concerned about the trash that comes from CB. It seems I remember reading that CB is a top-20 sports website in web traffic. So, it affects their reputation given that thousands of them participate there.

There was a thread that I read on CB recently in which one of their own called them out for claiming to be a Christ-like institution, but dishing out hate on other fan bases. Of course, they all trashed that idea.

Anyway, I have a CB account, but I don’t post frequently, so I haven’t been banned. Just hit them with facts/logic if you want to participate there – when Ute fans do that, they really don’t have much of a rebuttal. It’s easy to rebut them. Some of their ideas lately have been laughable – that tOSU really didn’t want to be in the Rose Bowl, that tOSU had nothing but backups in the game (as if CJ Stroud and their receivers who torched Utah were backup quality, not to mention nothing about the 18 or so Utah players out). That the Rose Bowl is not a big bowl, and isn’t a big deal (ignoring the good-sized national audience that watched it), etc. That BYU’s recruiting will catch up to Utah’s (that’s a funny one, given that they ignore that Utah will probably continue to improve their recruiting, even if BYU improves theirs, not to mention that they have the uphill battle in the Big-12 being at the very bottom on average recruit ranking). etc.

Anyway, if you ever want some good entertainment, go to CougarBoard when they are losing a football game – they are absolutely hilarious. I have split my sides and laughed to tears at CB when the football team is losing. Yes, every fanbase has meltdowns when their team is losing, but CB is different enough that it just is funny to me.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

I think it because I have family/friends who cheer for BYU that I try not to make frequent visits to CB.  That board is not at all a fair representation of those close to me that are part of their fan base.

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

Just hit them with facts/logic if you want to participate there – when Ute fans do that, they really don’t have much of a rebuttal.”

Nope. That’s the very sort of “offense(s)” I was guilty of that got me banned for life.

You can’t say their 2-star recruits have 2 stars, and neither can you cite any articles proving that “stars matter”. You’ll get suspended.

You can’t say that “religion” had nothing to do with their failure to receive an invite to the Pac-12. Or the Big 12, where pre-2021, that was the reason they were claiming to have been “Fully Rejected” by yet another P5 league. You’ll get suspended.

You can’t say that the ARWU, Time Higher Education, or QS academic rankings are the three most influential and widely observed university rankings in the world.  You’ll get suspended.

You can’t say that ybU-p had been censured by the AAUP over their attacks on “free speech” and “academic freedom”.  You’ll get suspended.

You can’t even say “ybU-p”. 

You can’t say, “Max lied”, or “Why is it that every time zoob players or fans get busted for misbehavior, it’s on camera, or on tape, or on film, but whenever Ute fans are guilty of the same…

…there’s no evidence whatsover?”  You can’t say Ute fan misconduct is “unsubstantiated folklore”.  You’ll get suspended.

You can’t say that video evidence PROVED that JJ DiLuigi fumbled the ball vs. SDSU (2010), and that the only reason why they’d won that game was because ybU-p alumnus Chad Bunn worked in the Replay booth in that game, and deliberately withheld that view from review in a “must win” game for bowl eligibility.  And neither can you say that there was NO video evidence whatsoever that Brandon Bradley’s knee was down, and thereby DID fumble the ball back to Utah, in the Utah game later that same season — even though there really was no evidence whatsoever that Bradley’s knee was down.  The truth gets you banned.

Truth!

BD
            Ute Fan
            @flyfisherman

It seems like their way of “handling” the logic, is to ban! I’ve used logic/facts a few times in debates there, but I have yet to be banned. I’m sure it’s coming if I do it much more. LOL.

You can’t say that video evidence PROVED that JJ DiLuigi fumbled the ball vs. SDSU (2010), and that the only reason why they’d won that game was because ybU-p alumnus Chad Bunn worked in the Replay booth in that game, and deliberately withheld that view from review in a “must win” game for bowl eligibility.

I completely forgot about that! Thanks for the reminder.

MDUte
            Ute Fan
            @mdute

Hahahaha! I was laughing so hard I could hardly get through your post…absolutely hysterical!

Thanks so much Philadelphia, I needed that to finish off my week!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Anyone ever joined CB before?