Anyone expecting good things from the offense moving forward . . .

Viewing 5 reply threads
      6 7

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

. . . is just fooling themselves.

Someone mentioned Taylor will finally be able to run the offense the way it is intended to be run. Seriously? If Shelley were better at running Taylor’s offense he would have been the starter. The facts are, Huntley was our best QB and the offense only really started to click when Taylor leaned almost exclusively on Moss in the running game. 

Shelley and Shyne are decent players, but it is almost guaranteed that they will be a clear step down from our injured starters. Our best hope is that we return to what we do best: Win with defense and special teams while the offense does just enough to not shoot ourselves in the foot.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Depends on how you define “good things”, I guess. I’m excited to see more of Shelley & Shyne.

5 2

Matthew Thomas Castleton
        Ute Fan
        @mcastleton928

I’m sick of the negativity. Utah’s going to shut up all the haters tomorrow. Go Utes! 

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

I define it as “anything close to what the offense was doing before Huntley and Moss got injured.” 

I’m sure we’ll move the ball some, and we’ll even score some points. But, the offense is probably going to look more like the one we saw against NIU, UW, WSU, and ASU than it will the offense we saw against Stanford, Arizona, USC, and UCLA.

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

To be fair NIU, UW, WSU, and ASU all have a higher ranked defense than Oregon. Not a big fan of Huntley, his feet get happy and his mechanics go out the window, but the oline was terrible vs the above 4. Oregon has some good edge rushers, if the oline can do a better job in pass protection this game should be pretty good

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I am excited but not in the way that is delusional. It means more Utah football. 

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

I imagine we’re about to find out. Remember, Shyne was going to be our feature RB last year but he got hurt. His backup did quite well.

4 2

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

You must be fun at parties 

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I totally understand yhour concerns.  We have lost two of our three offesnsive playmakers.  I tend to agree with your assessment.  Two things”

1. First our defense cannot do it alone.  The offense must keep them off the field for us to have any chance to win.  So, our offense better do something.

2. I remember (I think 2007) when we were playing a highly ranked UCLA team at home.  We had lost Johnson due to an injury and we had also lost Asiata for the season.  No one gave us a chance.  We came out and won that game something like 44-6.  Then there was 2005 when Johnson got injured in the UNM game.  We went into the BYU game with a QB with no playing time.  No one gave us a chance.  We came out on fire and ended up winning that game.  So, I am not predicting an amazing offensive game.  But, stranger things have happened.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Anyone expecting good things from the offense moving forward . . .