Anyone following the Real Salt Lake saga?

Viewing 2 reply threads

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

What if Larry H Miller Group were to buy?  Too much LHM group monopoly in Utah sports?

Risk of an outside Utah buyer swooping in?
      Real Salt Lake buyers?

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I’m neck deep in it, yeah. Honestly, this is the best thing that could have happened to RSL. The current situation is horrible, and not just from a racism/sexism perspective, but from the perspective of general inability to operate a sports organization.

I think the LHM group would be a great solution, especially if they partner with a shareholder who understands the quirks of the soccer business (like Jozy Altidore).

I know there are a lot of soccer haters who would love to see the team leave Utah. Sorry to disappoint you, but it’s not going to happen. There’s almost $100 million in immovable assets in the deal (two stadiums, four training facilities, and a school). Nobody is going to buy those and then write them off just to move the team.

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

I used to work for Dell Loy Hansen about 15 years ago. I still have PTSD over it. He’s honestly the most evil man I’ve ever met in my entire life once he’s not in public. But I never heard him utter any racist comments in the 2 years I was with him. I wouldn’t be surprised if that Qualtrics TDS grad buys it. LHM might but there’s a bit of history obviously between Checketts and LHM that might play into their desire to buy it.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports Anyone following the Real Salt Lake saga?