AP Poll/Playoff ranking predictions.

Viewing 0 reply threads

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

As noted below, nearly half of the Top 25 lost yesterday.  Utah is set to be a big mover and Texas is going to be a big faller.  Comparatively Texas has the better win (Oklahoma) but Utah has the better losses.  18-25 all lost this week with the exception of Utah.  I think the only one of those teams that doesn’t completely drop out of the polls is #18 Iowa as they lost a close one to #17 Penn State. We’ll see several new teams shoot up into the Top 25 starting with our brothers up in Logan.  I think the Utes jump up to 16 this week, WSU gets snubbed out of the top 10 for surprising Kentucky, and the Pac-12 sadly only has two teams ranked this week.  This AP Poll will soon be made irrelevant once the Playoff rankings come out on Tuesday.  The top 4 is already pretty much set in stone but it will be interesting to see where the committee ranks Utah.  In years past the committee seems to value the Utes more than AP voters or the coaches ever did.  Here’s how I think the AP Poll turns out today:

1. Alabama

2. Clemson

3. Notre Dame

4. LSU

5. Michigan 

6. Georgia

7. Oklahoma

8. Kentucky

9. UCF

10. Ohio State

11. Washington State

12. West Virginia

13. Florida

14. Penn State

15. Texas

16. UTAH

17. Utah State

18. Virginia

19. Fresno State

1. Houston

21. Syracuse

22. Iowa

23. Boston College

24. Mississippi State

25. Texas AM

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football AP Poll/Playoff ranking predictions.