Apparently we are not allowed to make fun of stupid stuff our rival does

Viewing 4 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Because it means we are obsessed. It doesn’t mean that our rival did something stupid/embarrassing. Definitely not. Weird development in the holy war

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

That’s a myth propagated by the Idiots down south to prevent people from talking about their stupidity.

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

But according to said idiots, we are the dumb ones cuz state skool.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Did I miss something? Or is this just in response to general Zoobiness?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Seems to be a lot of zoob talk lately.  Not sure.  Just general anticipation for football season?

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Well, yesterday I understand they invited their school owned TV station, corporate parent owned TV and newspaper to their place for propaganda delivery.

ladyinred
            Ute Fan
            @ladyinred

Putin would be proud.

PlainsUte
              Ute Fan
              @plainsute

Putin wishes Pravda was half as “faith promoting” as the Deseret News.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

This tweet from their punter inspired my comment 

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

We’ll just pour beer on his family. 

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

They are flailing wildly. They have this built up narrative that they love to run with to try to somehow save face. 

The simple fact is, they suck. In every way. 

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

It’s bad enough that they think they can talk trash after we’ve won 6 in a row and 11 of 14, but then to have it be their punter who is talking trash? I just don’t even know how to respond to that. A confused chuckle, maybe? 

UteFanatic
            Ute Fan
            @utefanatic

We could win 100 in a row and they would still trash talk and think all 100 games are a fluke.  They are pathetic, and that is why it’s best to not engage in any kind of smack with them.  They are irrational, delusional, and the worst fan base in America.

1 1

PorterRockwell
            Ute Fan
            @porterrockwell

Aren’t we 12 of the last 15 against them?

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

No.  0-15.

PorterRockwell
                Ute Fan
                @porterrockwell

That’s right Utah has never ever beaten them. Signed 54-10 48-24, 34-17 et al 

ladyinred
              Ute Fan
              @ladyinred

Well, if you count their moral victories, they are actually 14-1, and even the 54-10 game was not totally clear.

2 1

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

Something on ksl and the trib about one of their alums from Va? Selling classified information. To China? Bet they aren’t claiming him 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

That and selling MLM fish oil to everyone they know.

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

But say you sell 1 fish oil package a day. And say you have a couple other people who sell one a day. Not only are you making money every day, but you’re instantly managing a team making money every day and all of the sudden you’re in control of your future. Imagine how many people each one of your team members will bring on? 

You can have all of this with only the expense of your friends, family and dignity. 

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

This may be an unpopular post, but I think it needs to be said.

I don’t think he’s talking trash about the University of Utah specifically. I think he’s mocking the dichotomy that is some of the super-uber-zealotrous Utah fan base that says “I don’t care about Utah” from one corner of their mouth while spewing hate, vitrol, etc. out of the other.

Come on, guys, even you all have to admit that we have some people that are so obsessed with BYU that it’s silly.

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

I would go further than that even. Some Utah “fans” are downright disgusting/embarrassing/etc. In my experience anyway, these are not alumni typically, but rather locals that have latched on to the team even if they never stepped foot on campus for actual classes. The rivalry is so embedded, almost everyone in the state chooses blue or red, and it goes beyond sports to cultural differences even. So yeah, I can see how people fixate on the rival as a cultural entity they resent and not simply a sports team.

I am fine with conceding that point, and I have called people out who take it too far.

Don’t get me wrong though, tds fans can be s**tty too and are still deserving of the jabs we give them.

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

One other thing that needs to be said: this punter needs to learn to deliver his trash talk more eloquently. It took me several re-reads plus context to figure out what point he was even making. Tom Hackett set the trash talk bar high.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Apparently we are not allowed to make fun of stupid stuff our rival does