Are you up for a “test” during the Oregon game?

Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

As the season is winding down I’m already looking toward 2023 and improvements I hope to make. One thing that’s at the top of the list is site performance during football games. I may not be able to do much with this issue if it is a limitation of the hosting environment, without quite a bit of cost. I’d like to run a test during the Oregon game, when I know there will be a lot of traffic. I’m wondering if the current home page is a culprit in terms of the performane hit. The test is to see if the site will still bog down if I remove the home page and replace it with the Recent Posts page from the main forum. That page should be far more efficient in terms of loading. It does far less in terms of getting topics, replies, likes and such. I realize that page is not as visually appealing though, which means a lot to me and I’m sure many users.

It is also possible the test has no effect and it is simply a factor of how many people are hitting the site, and hitting the site data/db from the mobile app. 

What say you? Are you up for it? 

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I’m there….

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

Insert Ben stiller “Do it” gif

Uteusmc
      Ute Fan
      @uteusmc

Do I have to study?

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Being out of state, my observation is most people using UteHub seem to be on the chat page during the game.   Seems to work pretty well.  After the game people post about their impression on the forum, it seems.  Maybe there are some zoobs with no life who try to disrupt the site during the game with bot hits.  I run some operational software where we can set a switch in a file to turn off/on certain processes to manage the system during maintenance or known trouble periods, maybe something like that can be done to the main page to change the default, as you plan.  Worth a test.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Are you up for a “test” during the Oregon game?