ARod was fired because he had three offsesons to run the offense.

Viewing 3 reply threads
      4 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Bowl practices are the same length as spring ball. ARod has two spring balls and a bowl season (three rounds) and the offense was the same. 

Weve taken some strides the last 11 quarters. If Huntley is healthy, I wouldn’t be shocked if we have a breakout game. 

If DC plays, it wouldn’t shock me if he has over 200 yards receiving. 

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

I’m with you, I think we really started to turn the corner the last few games with the offense. A day late and dollar short, but at least there are signs of life. Makes me really excited to 1) even go to a bowl game and 2) see how well we execute in that game. Let’s keep the improvement going. 

Can I just say I love seeing our guys productive in the red zone? Makes us feel like a real football team. Let’s keep that up too. 

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

ARod was a good guy but I can tell you that Taylor commands the room, doesn’t give in to Whit (at all), has the respect of the players and has the ability we need in that role.  ARod brought none of that!  With what we have returning on offense my guess is that you will see a much more consistent, potent offense next year.  Plenty of inconsistency this year for sure but against a difficult schedule with seasoned defensive coordinators in a top conference and playing a bunch of young guys…not exactly a recipe for success.  We did underachieve but only by a game or two in all reality.

Getting to a bowl game was huge because it gives the young guys basically 2 full weeks of development and focused reps before they set the game plan.  

Depth on this team is real next year with actual game experienice so when injuries hit we’ll be able to maintain…not sure we’ve ever been able to say that.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Tony and you make this site the best!!

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

Yeah, that’s a big deal. Depth, consistency at OC and a quarterback have been the chinks in our armour for years. I’m excited to see what we can do now. 

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Can we get an OnlyU category created on this board?

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ARod was fired because he had three offsesons to run the offense.