Arrest Made in Lowe Shooting Case

Viewing 1 reply thread

voxnihili
      Ute Fan
      @voxnihili

CoyoteUte
      Ute Fan
      @coyoteute

Doesn’t look like this was his first rodeo…

ksl link

Tlsute
        Ute Fan
        @tlsute

Impeccable timing!

5 4

MFury
          Ute Fan
          @mfury

Thanks for posting. 2 thoughts –

Glad to see this headed to a conclusion and he should not see freedom again and

As a society we to need better identify and provide help for those headed down this path (counseling, mental health services, career training, etc). We couldn’t lock Buk up forever for $290 robbery, but could have seen the trend and intervened.

7 1

Larry B
            Ute Fan
            @larryb

While I agree that we need to provide those services to people, I think the difficulty is trying to get those people to accept it. This guy was 20 years old when he robbed someone at gunpoint. He had probably been making bad choices much earlier, and most likely grew up seeing others do the same type of stuff. How do you force someone like that to get the help they need?

When I was 20, I thought I had life figured out and no one was going to change my mind. They certainly weren’t going to force me into counseling. Luckily I grew up in a “healthy” environment and wasn’t out commiting felonies at 20 years old.

2 2

MFury
              Ute Fan
              @mfury

His record start with shoplifting before the armed robbery.

I certainly don’t have the full solution. Pretty sure that prison after it has all gone to sh*t isn’t the answer. That gangs (making an assumption here because the gang unit was involved) provide more support structure than society is likely part of the problem.

11 1

Ghost of the HEB
            Ute Fan
            @deseretgentlman

You can take the scumbag out of the scum, but you can’t take the scum out of the scumbag. Some people can’t be fixed.

10 2

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Not according to the Utah Board of Pardons and Judges that give pathetic sentences out. The rise in crime is directly related to all of these early releases. 

RustyShackleford
                Ute Fan
                @shakyute13

Utah DAs are big on plea deals, easy win for them and requires much less work then a trial. It’s the citizens that really pay for this because criminals get a slap on the wrist and are back on the streets to do it again.

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

Well we keep voting them in. We all know their performance is poor. But we listen to the media and allow it to continue. 

Central Coast Ute
                  Ute Fan
                  @flip2848

It’s not just a Utah problem.

Charlie
              Ute Fan
              @charlie

Some bad behavior is due to mental issues however some are due to bad personality traits which on turn may not be fixable with social science. Society has a roll to help but should not be at fault without an understanding of specific shortcomings. T the end of the day we are all responsible for our actions.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Arrest Made in Lowe Shooting Case