Article by Moss

Viewing 4 reply threads

Mr Chainsaw
      Ute Fan
      @mrchainsaw

Zach just posted an arcticle on Atheletes Guide. He doesn’t specifically mention if he’s staying or going pro but it’s an interesting read

https://www.athletes-guide.com/zack-moss/

Overall, coming to Utah has been the best decision I’ve made as a person and an athlete. As much as I wanted to stay around Miami, this journey has pushed me more than I thought possible.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Not bad! I think it was probably written pre-injury.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Though I’m not an athlete, I can completely relate to this. Utah and UofU football are the best things that have happened to me.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Selfishly, as a fan I’d love for him to stay for his senior year. What’s best for him though, which us more important, is probably to go pro after this year. Running backs don’t have a long shelf life and if I’m not mistaken PFF has graded him pretty highly this year. If he were asking my advice, which I know he’s not, I’d say go pro and make some money.

Mr Chainsaw
        Ute Fan
        @mrchainsaw

I agree that he has to do what’s best and I don’t blame him for it.  I just hope “what’s best” ends up being him breaking the U of U single season and career records next year.  We can only hope.

1 1

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I’ve broken it down before money wise, but if you are a first or second round pick, you go. 

If you are a third round pick or lower with potential to move up, you come back. 

To get drafted in the third round vs second round, you’d have to play two additional years longer in your career to make that money up. 

Third round vs first? You’d never make that money back. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

How many running backs get taken in the first round or second rounds?

ProvoUteFan
            Ute Fan
            @provoutefan

I count 7 from last year. 3 in the first round, 4 in the second.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

I get your point but look at Bryce Love. He cost himself potentially millions by not going pro last year.

Chidojuan
            Ute Fan
            @chidojuan

Bryce Love might be a weird exception though.  Wasn’t he still working on his degree?  He might be more interested in a career as a medical professional that sacrificing his body for a few years in the NFL.

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

He could easily make millions in the NFL then go back to school. Which is what he is planning.

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

I think he stays. He is going to miss all of the combines, etc. this winter and spring. I believe he will return. Naturally, if he is healthy this summer, he may get a shot from a team. However, he has yet to complete a full season as a starter at Utah completely healthy. Next year he will, once his knee is repaired. Could be wrong, just think it will play out that way. So the Hallendale Trio also cannot be busted up.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Article by Moss