Article on Utah’s Playbook

Viewing 2 reply threads

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

It’s nice to read that the playbook is nowhere near being completely open.

That said, I would like to see us first fix the stupid penalties by the receivers and be much more productive in the red zone. I really dont’ want Utah to be known as the “kicking U or punting U” because the offense can’t score. I’m fully aware the offensive scheme is new and we have a lot of new players. Still, get the fundamentals right.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/2017/09/13/utah-football-when-will-the-utes-open-up-the-entire-playbook-and-should-it-be-soon/

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yeah maybe we need to work on snaps and handoffs for a dive right and get that down before we complicate things more… 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Snaps and keeping your hands inside your blocker. It would cut down on most of the penalties. 

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

I wonder if they playbook not being open has to do with how poorly what we have currently used is being executed or that we are saving it for the ucla/stan/uw/usc area of the sched

COFfrom83
        Ute Fan
        @coffrom83

yep. how many times did moss go to one side when huntley was trying to hand off to the other? that’s what happened on huntley’s TD. Hopefully they can get that and the low snaps corrected in practice.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Huntley said that was his fault and he knew he had to score a TD because he screwed up. 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Idk the blocking scheme did not appear to favor where Moss went though. 

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

Plus, it’s not just about having a book of plays, but also about timing and recognition.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Article on Utah’s Playbook