Article talking about Rose as QB2

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I mentioned below that Whit had said that Rose was separating himself from Johnson. Now I found this article going into more detail. Not a lot is said about Barnes in this article.
      Is Rose QB2?

WasatchRanger
      Ute Fan
      @luke8675

Read this as well. Wonder what this means for Johnson – seems like he could be used in a number of other positions. Nate is an incredible athlete, would hate to lose him to the portal.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I would love to see Johnson try wide receiver.  But, it sounds like he really wants to play QB. I would hate to lose him to the portal. 

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Some moron posted this in reply to the article:

“Why is the #1 QB apparently set? Is it the same person who seems to be constantly hurt and is incapable of even finishing a bowl game?”

Does this guy understand how much Cam Rising has done for the Utes?

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Always remember, zoobs are obsessed with the Utes. It could be one of them. I know there are plenty of despicable Ute fans but from what I’ve seen, more often than not, it’s a zoob pretending to be a Ute.

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

Cam Rising: 2 Season Starter = 2 PAC Championships = Utah Legend

3 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

While I don’t agree with that statement I think the sentiment of a ceiling being reached with Rising can be argued. 
        I will still argue that none of us will know what kind of player Rising will be this upcoming season. I do concede Rising is the best chance Utah will have at repeating for a P12 title.  

The defense, kicking game and special teams will need to make massive strides to push Utah beyond that level.

Specifically on the defense you need an anchor guy to push it to the next level. Clark Phillips while very very good wasn’t as impactful as Lloyd. 

I think this was a very smart remark by Whitt to make. He is trying to motivate guys with more talent than he has ever had. Maybe I am reading into it too much but he is pushing every QB with saying Rose has made the most strides.

Whitt also seemed to be more focused on position groups or teams in the past. It was always Defense won the day or offense performed well which would lead to OUTSTANDING response from the defense in the next media meeting. 

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

I agree on Rising. His ability or lack thereof is my biggest concern going into the 2023 season.

1 1

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

My mom always hates on Rising.

tanute3
          Ute Fan
          @tanute3

Your mom sucks

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

She does actually. I avoid her at all costs.

2 1

Roy Rangum
              Ute Fan
              @royrangum

I will always love Cam Rising. Honestly might be one of my all time favorites. Beyond his ability to throw and run the ball, the dude has heart and is a true leader. He puts it all out on the field and I love him for it.

However – as Cam is coming back from injury (and has played through other injuries), while his prior body of work would suggest he is QB1, I don’t think it should be assumed. We will all find out when we find out. And that’s something I appreciate about Whitt. I feel like I’ve heard him talk a lot about how no position is given, but it has to be earned. The best player plays, which is how it should be.

I hope Cam comes back to have his best season yet. But if he is limited and another QB is ready to take the reigns, I’ll support whoever the coaches think is the right choice.

Johnny
              Ute Fan
              @johnny

When in doubt, rub it out, bro.

1 1

dystopiamembrane
                Ute Fan
                @dystopiamembrane

You know, I was recently surprised to learn that you are not 20-something.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Article talking about Rose as QB2