ASU is being investigated by the NCAA for recruiting violations.

Viewing 6 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I don’t expect anything to come from it because the NCAA is a joke, but I can hope!

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

ASU’s entire recruiting pitch is Coronas and coeds.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

What red-blooded 18-year-old male wouldn’t go for that?

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

I’m in.  Where do I sign?

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

And apparently they’re willing to PAY YOU to drink Coronas and grope coeds. Frankly I don’t understand how they didn’t get every decent HS football player in the country.

1 2

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

Hope what?  One of the quality football programs in the conference gets bum rushed by the NCAA because they are just big enough to make an example of but not too big to cause blow back.  You can hope for more negative headlines for the PAC12?  I don’t get it.  (Yeah, they take recruits but we get some of theirs too.)

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

The death penalty would be fine with me. I can’t stand ASU. It’ll be a slap on the wrist, though. Arizona basketball was paying players and nothing happened so I can’t imagine this will be any different.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

homer
      Ute Fan
      @homer

ASU
      “Herminated” by the end of the month.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Az St didn’t give a damn

Wow.  Some pretty scathing stuff in this Yahoo article.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Pretty high profile comments from other coaches.

“It’s a disrespectful thing to do,” Stanford coach David Shaw told Yahoo Sports. “That doesn’t sound overly harsh. But for me being a lifer in this profession and a coach’s kid, I believe in respecting our profession and respecting the other people in the profession. Doing things that you’re not supposed to do just to gain an advantage, I take offense to that.”

Added Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick: “If there was ever a time when everyone following the same rules was critical, it’s now during a pandemic and during a time of such national scrutiny on college athletics.”

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 ASU is being investigated by the NCAA for recruiting violations.