ASU wins out, ASU doesn’t win out

Viewing 3 reply threads
      3 1

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

It could go either way. The scenario: ASU and Utah both win out, Utah loses the south…

Question: Does this scenario cheapen Kyle and the team’s year long performance? Personally I don’t think it does. They lost to ASU, and Washington, and WSU, that isn’t changing no matter what happens. For me, if we win out, this season is a success no matter what ASU does. The only thing about this season that irks me is that without the refs getting in the way, we win against WSU.

2 1

alharmon
      @alharmon

I’ll be sad if we don’t win the south but this season is successful no matter what ASU does.

4 1

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

The only thing that would irk me is Herm edwards winning the south before Kwhitt.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Why?  Coaches who’ve been fired, philanderers, lay abouts, everyone has won the South…except Kyle. 

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Why? everone else does

4 2

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I don’t think it cheapens the season at all. I’ve said this all along: We are a ten win team with an 8 win schedule. We’ve had the hardest schedule in the PAC-12, by a mile. The fact that we will either win the south or tie for first…is incredible. It’s a year early. 

Next year, we only play UW and WSU, I do believe and Cal and OSU. 2019 and 2020 are our years, and if we don’t win the PAC-12 one of those two years, then it might be time to start making plans for the next coach. 

But, as long as we win our next two games, this year was a resounding success. 

1 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I know what you are saying but at the same time it feels like polishing the turd. ASU they didn’t even show up. Washington was a PAC12 job that leaked over into the Wazzu game sort of with Leki Fotu suspension. This team was ready now it just started slow offensively with Huntley’s off field issues. 

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

So far, PAC-12 teams have played 11 back to back road games (WSU has not played a back to back road game once this year). 

In the second game of that road trip, PAC-12 teams are 2-9, the only wins being Utah @ Stanford and Cal @ USC.

ASU is 0-1 in the second a back to back road game (@SDSU, @Stanford). 

Polishing a turd…maybe, but Utah has more wins than they should with that schedule. 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Winners win and Utah hasn’t done it when it matters. That’s all the polishing that has happened for 7 years. Excuses and everything can make it seem like a fantastic rainbow but there ain’t no pot of gold at the end of it with Ifs and buts. 

User Suspended
              @a2ute

Don’t agree with much you say but with this I do.

Simple answer – Just win.  Excuses are for losers. They may be valid excuses ( penality in the Wazzu game) but the bottom line winners find a way to win.

Winners take the PAC12 title..everyone else is a loser. 

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t expect Utah to win every year.. but  7 years is way past acceptable. What will be the excuse in year 8?

again – Just win.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

It took ASU and Zona forever to get to the Rose Bowl. Little perspective but Utah had chances early that Zona and ASU never had. Dropping the ball is different than excuses. 

User Suspended
                  @a2ute

sigh..smh. Why do so many defalt to comparing the Utes to AZ ?  The “hey it took AZ forever to get to the Rose Bowl so why should expect anything different”  BULLSH*T

Honestly, I think this must be the culture of people living in Utah. possibly a mormon complex thing.

I have diehard MSU friends who are p**sed and find it unacceptable that Sparty isn’t fighting for the Rose bowl or playoffs… they expect more.

And guess what, MSU and Utah recruiting is almost identical over the past 6 years.

MSU fans expect more and in time they will probably get what they want. Utah fans need to demand more and stop making excuses.  

EagleMountainUte
                    Ute Fan
                    @battlegroundute

Demand more of what though recent winning tradition?  

I try to just enjoy. Not showing up at all is what p**ses me off. 

User Suspended
                      @a2ute

Sh*t, I’m actually agreeing with you again.

Yes, when Utah get’s into the pivotal game that can move the program forward.. they crap the bed.

I will say this, I was impressed with the coaching last week. Kwhitt had every excuse to lose to the Ducks. I’m a kwhitt critic but I must give him a tip of the hat.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ASU wins out, ASU doesn’t win out