Athlon predicting a Utah loss

Viewing 9 reply threads
      4 1

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/utah-utes-vs-northern-illinois-huskies-prediction-picks-2018

Dude says Utah line doesn’t appear to be as physical as Iowa, lol wut. Our line is about as physical as you can get.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

“at first glance” Utah’s defense, and particularly the D-line, doesn’t appear to be as physical as Iowa.

LOLOLOLOLOL

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

Honestly, that guy should be fired.  I mean our D line is as stout as anywhere in the country.  

1 13

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Sometimes it’s good to get out of the echo chamber of utehub and realize this just might be a difficult game. Talent wise Utah is better…but that kwhitt offense… gulp Image result for clutching pearls gif

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Yeah, but at the same time, have you seen UNI play? Their offense blows harder than ours ever did.

Wilson’s Mustache
          Ute Fan
          @sigmaute

I mean, you do need to give Iowa some credit here. They have had a top 15 ranked defense the past two years and seem to be continuing that trend.

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

I’m not talking last week. This team has struggled to score against MAC opponents. The MAC is weaker than the MWC was when Utah was there, weaker than any year in the PAC-12. Their offense suuuuuuuuuuucks.

And just looking at last week 4 yards per pass play. 3 yards per carry. ‘Tisn’t good enough. Also, Utah has been top 30 in rush defense almost every year for decades. The last time they weren’t they were 35. Utah’s defense is just as good as Iowa. Calling my shot now.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Also, you do know that there is no KWhitt offense. He hasn’t had a consistent philosophy, which is part of the problem. This offense is Taylor’s through and through. Let’s see what happens. (Hint: NI will get beat, bad)

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Also, we will have to stack six in the box which will open up our defense to pass plays, dontcha know, according to this guy. Dude is an idiot.

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

He must watch the CFL, 6 in the box means that NIU could come out in 6WR sets plus one TE, and 5DB’s will be outnumbered against all of those receivers.  Side note:  Iowa runs a 4-3, so they have 7 in the box.  He must not have even watched that game.

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

I think this game will be closer than the average score predicted in the Predict the Score contest, but I do not think Utah will lose. I also believe it is absurd for the author to claim that Utah’s Dline is not stout. How many yards did Weber State get? 49? Not a lot of room for the defense to improve on that.

wcrunner
      Ute Fan
      @wcrunner

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

The author of the first *article probably has not watched more than a few minutes of a Utah game in his entire life.  He was factually incorrect on every single assertion.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

He must have only watched a few plays in the first quarter against Weber.

alharmon
      @alharmon

That was a…unique…perspective on things. No way the Utes give up 34 points to NIU, I mean did you see their offense last week???

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Bwahha…Things to watch 1) Offense verses defense. 2) Defense verses offense. 3) Home field advantage.  

That’s the laziest writting I’ve seen since I last read a Kyle Guther “article”.  How exactly do you watch a “home field advantage”?  

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I think the crux of his analysis come from the fact that he identifies Utah as a former mid major team, meaning they still are but just play in a power 5 conference. This team is nothing like those Utah teams in the early PAC 12 days. This will be a tough game, but we should win.

UtahHuskie
      Ute Fan
      @huskie05

Hey Utes, Utah Huskie here (NIU). I have kids at UofU, so this game is tough for me. When your money goes to Utah, but you played at NIU, hard to understand who to pull for sometimes. Utah is much better overall, much. NIU D is solid, what we saw last week was no O, all D. The D could not stay out there all day and win it, our O never really helped out, young QB. NIU has a record for beating the big boys, but with this QB it will be a tall order, especially against Utes. NIU is not afraid of the bigger games, historically we do well, hell, even beat Bama like you all did.
      I think NIU keeps it close for a while, meaning I believe we slow Utah down with our D, but not enough Gatorade to keep them going. BTW, Ute fan, except when they play NIU! Hoping both teams have 0 injuries, fun to watch Utah go for it this year.
      NIU 10
      Utah 24
      NIU is where Utah used to be, fighting for a seat at the table.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Thanks for posting. You should create a new topic and give us some info about NIU.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Athlon predicting a Utah loss