Austin Kendall

Viewing 7 reply threads

crazyute
      Ute Fan
      @crazyute

Apparently utah has reached out to Oklahoma transfer Austin Kendall.

UPDATE: #Duke is still the leader in the clubhouse for #Sooners QB transfer Austin Kendall, but I hear #WVU #Auburn and #Utah have all been in touch today. @RJ_Young @Keith247Sports @mikecasazza @UteZone

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Right about now it would be nice to have a rock star OC…

13 4

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

And I wish we could have better fans, yetbhere we are.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

You’re not planning on coming back in a few weeks to call us all basement dwelling smart asses if we don’t pat you on the back for mentioning this kids name, are you?

Anfernee
        Ute Fan
        @anfernee

Give me some “rock star” OC coordinators we should have, Pace.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

FtheY
            Ute Fan
            @fthey

Real guitar is for old people, Dad. 

2 6

User Suspended
          @a2ute

Sounds like kwhitt went after a few… but failed.

Coffees for closers.  You either make it happend or you don’t.  Instead of the sports car the Utes got the steak knives..

Image result for second place steak knife

2 2

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

Or Whitt didn’t have the money to give. Just s thought. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

https://youtu.be/QDOhECr9S2w

Highlight reel. Maybe this is just the way things are done now but why would any of these kids want to play behind Huntley for a year?  I just don’t see the logic in going after these PLAY ME NOW COACH kids. Maybe they stick with it?

crazyute
        Ute Fan
        @crazyute

I think both the guys would have to sit a year per transfer rules. Unless kendall is already graduated? That would be Huntley senior year

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Rising is immediately available I think.  

crazyute
            Ute Fan
            @crazyute

How? He hasn’t graduated being a true freshman

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

You right I don’t know why I read something incorrectly. I don’t understand the minds of these transfers honestly. It just doesn’t make sense. Look at Tuttle he could have been starting in four or five games with a chance in CCG to make a difference. 

crazyute
                Ute Fan
                @crazyute

I agree. I don’t understand the Tuttle decision. There has to be an underlying issue not talked about.
                Taking transfer can be sketchy. You worry about a selfish attitude

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

The Utes have had so much success turning OU washout QB transfers into “Uncle Rico” like mythological creatures who became backups.  Why not go back to that well?

pdogphil
        Ute Fan
        @pdogphil

We are learning our lesson from Jack Tuttle. Get as many top qbs in as you can then let them fight it out. Also both qbs have to sit.

Anfernee
          Ute Fan
          @anfernee

John777777777, why you so obsessed with Rising?

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

The Tuttle Wilson debate is a total case of hindsight is 20/20. Everyone was on board and pumped about Tuttle. He left. It set back our qb recruiting. But it is what it is. People claiming we should have gone for just Wilson all along are lying.

User Suspended
        @a2ute

we’ll be fine

1 4

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Here’s the problem I have with the Tuttle debacle. It appears to be a case of poor talent evaluation. If Tuttle blows up at Indiana, then you could argue the coaches got it right, but even then, I would say they got it wrong because they had Tuttle 3rd string. If Tuttle had been 2nd string, would he still be here? My guess is, yes. I know you don’t want to hand anything to a freshman, but if he was the better QB then he should have been higher on the depth chart.

People think the coaches made the right call because Tuttle was higher rated than Wilson, but the coaches should be better talent evaluators than the recruiting websites. Tuttle may prove to be the better QB when it is all said and done, but so far, Wilson has proven to be the better QB. 

SkinyUte
          Ute Fan
          @skinyute

Maybe that’s the case, but Utah wouldn’t be the only one who mis-evaluated him. Lots of programs were drooling over Tuttle, not just Utah.

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

Other people’s errors don’t negate you making the same error. Like I said, right now, it looks like our coaches did a poor job of talent evaluation on Tuttle vs Wilson. 

Puget Ute
              Ute Fan
              @pugetute

Jack Tuttle had offers from Alabama, Arizona, ASU, Boston College, Colorado State,  Indiana, LSU, Mizzou, Nebraska, Nevada, Oregon State, San Diego State, USC, Utah, Vanderbilt, Washington State, and Wisconsin. Are you saying all of those programs did poor jobs at evaluating his talent?  Note that one of his offers was from perhaps THE BEST evaluator of QB talent in CFB, Mike Leach.  And Tuttle was recruited to Alabama by Tosh Lupoi, who found and brought Tua Tagovailoa to Bama.  We were in very good company on this one.

And as much as I love Zach Wilson (and have known his family for years), he still would have been #3 or MAYBE #2 at Utah this year.

Your take is extremely wrong on this one.

Hal Evans
      Ute Fan
      @dixieute

To me Tuttle was a bad fit from the beginning. Utah’s offense has bee RPO and Tuttle was a straight drop back pro style quarterback

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Kellen Moore was fabulous at RPO, and he was a Pro Style QB. Same with Brian Johnson and Jake Browning.  RPO does not automatically require a running QB. 

It just requires a quick read of the Defense before and at the snap, and an even quicker decision to hand off or pass. It has as much (or more) to do with reaction time as it does physical abilities.

crazyute
      Ute Fan
      @crazyute

Steve Bartle on the bill riley show said rising is down to us, Washington state and san Diego state.

I like our chances. Washington state has a big group of sophomore and freshman QB’s.

1 1

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

No it doesn’t. It means whitt is likely hedging bets.

Kirk Kettner
      Ute Fan
      @cwatkins02

Uhh…Tuttle? Daniels? Why do you think he would be contacting other QBs… is that a serious question?

crazyute
      Ute Fan
      @crazyute

Maybe something about eggs and a basket?

I’m glad Kyle learned from Tuttle unlike you

1 5

User Suspended
      @a2ute

kwitt didn’t want Zack Wilson. He chose Tuttle instead

5 2

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Well that’s about the dumbest thing I’ve ever read. 

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Feeling* and that’s something a zoob would say.  Anytime someone disagrees with one of them they call that guy a “yewt troll.”

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

Buuuuut, Pace. Tuttle was a “rockstar.” Gotta get those rockstars. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Now that just demonstrates how asinine you really are. You do what it takes to get Tuttle in the moment. Wilson is a bigger gamble. 

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Almost there…you gotta get the rockstars…. AND KEEP THEM.  and if they leave… GET MORE.

Are you starting to get it?

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Exactly. At the time, if Whit had pushed Tuttle away in order to recruit Wilson, every single one of us would be calling for Whit’s head. Pace would’ve doubled down on calling for Whit’s head, saying that Whit was only recruiting “within his circle” and not “going after rock stars.”

You can only work with what you knew at the time, and at the time every single sign indicated that Tuttle was a better QB than Wilson – past, present, and future.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Austin Kendall