Available scholarships

Viewing 3 reply threads

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

I went through the list on 247’s scholarship distribution and it looks like Utah is currently at the 85 limit.

88 names listed but Mikey Matthews is on twice. Clegg, Fonoimoana and Helu are all listed but expected to go immediately on their missions. Carvaiho is also listed but has not signed to date. I think he might end up as a PWO if he comes at all so for now I’m not going to count him. That puts it at 83.

Battle has already enrolled and is on the list and I would expect L. Fano and Damuni to join in either spring or summer so that gets it up to 85. I wouldn’t expect Becker to be on scholarship, at least until he proves himself.

That leaves 6 question marks who, if they decide to move on, would open up spots for more transfers or late signees. Fua Pututau is still listed but did not play after Florida and I thought both he and Tennessee (not listed) medically retired. You also have Kuithe, Rising, Yassmin, Curry and Vele who have eligibility but there is talk of them being done at Utah.

One spot will be required for Sione Fotu to come back (Pututau’s?). After that, I don’t think Utah brings in anyone else unless someone leaves.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

There will be more attrition and movement after Spring. We’re not done and there will be room for 2-4 more additions before camp.

ThurstonW
      Ute Fan
      @thurstonw

Carvaiho is a mission first kid.  I’ve heard that they held off having him sign to help with scholarship count.  He will definitely be a scholarship player once he gets back.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

247/Utezone doesn’t have the resources available for accurate scholarship #’s and recruiting rankings in the Mtn West area. Not enough paying subscribers.

Go Red Rocks! Girls kick ass!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Available scholarships