Bama vs Georgia

Viewing 5 reply threads
      10 1

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

I love college football and spend countless hours watching it, but I honestly have no interest in a Bama vs Georgia championship game. I won’t watch it. 

3 1

Anonymous
      Inactive

Full agreement. It’s terrible for the game.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Same here. Could not possibly care less.

4 1

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Based on today, Georgia has no defense that I can tell. I look for a lopsided win for Saban. Boo.

3 4

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Why all the hate for Bama cause they win ? I have a lot of respect for Sabin. He’s a prick but a great re router and coach. Bama was garbage before he came. It’s cool to see a dynasty.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

My reason for not being interested in the championship game is because I am irritated that the SEC always gets the benefit of the doubt. Alabama didn’t even win its conference! They got to stay home and preserve their energy while two other SEC teams played in the conference championship game yet still got into the playoff! That is absolutely pathetic! 

UCF is a legit team and isn’t going to get the opportunity to prove that they might be the best team this year. The whole playoff system is a sham and is only marginally better than the BCS system. 

I am straight up disenfranchised with how this season played out. I can’t think of a more boring matchup than Alabama vs Georgia. It reminds me of Alabama vs LSU a few years back.

This tweet sums up my feelings perfectly:

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

UCF deserves nothing. Their only P5 win was Maryland. Unacceptable. I won’t listen to any argument for G5 in the playoff unless they have played at least 4+ P5 schools. Their schedules are too weak. 

Ohio State deserves to be in over UCF. They played Oklahoma, Michigan, Wisconsin and went 2-1. USC and Washington deserve to be in over UCF. 

As Utah fans know all too well, the week in, week out grind is real. Didn’t UCF lose their star defensive player this week? How would they do having to play a Utah next week (a middle of the road P5 school)? Utah would run all over them and our defense would shut them down. 

Also, beating an Auburn in a bowl game and beating Auburn after having played LSU the week before and Mississippi St then next week are two VASTLY different things. 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

They still did something Bama didn’t do this year. 

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

Yeah, bama sitting out and getting into the playoffs when they couldn’t win their conference is annoying. However, the announcer said one thing that stuck with me last night – is bama still one of the best four teams in the country? Thats probably a yes, therefore, it’s hard to argue they shouldn’t be in the mix for the 4th spot. 

I also can’t stand how the sec always gets a pass, but, which conference has shown they can dethrone that bias consistently, year after year? That’s the only way it will ever change, unfortunately. 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

On that point I agree.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Bama vs Georgia