Barefield needs to learn to pass the ball instead of trying to be a hero.

Viewing 4 reply threads

Matthew Thomas Castleton
      Ute Fan
      @mcastleton928

Bibbins was WIDE FREAKING OPEN IN THE CORNER FOR A GAME-WINNING THREE AND HE DIDN’T PASS THE BALL. 

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

To be fair I thought he had an open look at the hoop too. That guy who blocked the shot is a freak and closed that space quickly.

But yeah, I would have really loved to see bibbins wide open in the corner for the win. That’s Joe Young revenge if it happens

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

I would have liked to see us go for the win with a three just because I didn’t think we were winning that thing in OT without Collette and Rawson. That being said, you really can’t ask for much more than a shot at the rim. Guy just made a nice block.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

He trapped the ball against the glass at a point that was a hair’s breadth from goaltending.

//r00t4Utes
      Ute Fan
      @r00t4utes

Barefield played really well in the first half and the Oregon adjusted, once Barefield put the ball on the deck going towards the hoop he was NOT passing it all game he was that way, worked in the first half not so much the 2nd half. He also had Bibbins even more wide open to end the first half and refused to pass, hopefully the coaches help him learn from this game.

Minnesota Ute
      Ute Fan
      @minnesotaute

IMO Bibbins was late to the spot.  I rewatched it a couple of times because that was my initial impression too, but when looking at it on rewind, by time Bibs got far enough down on the wing for Ced to see him, Ced was already in the air looking to shoot.  Now IF there was a specific play call there, and Ced wasn’t patient enough for it to develop, that’s different, but regardless, the way it actually happened, no way Ced could have seen him to pass him the ball.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Barefield needs to learn to pass the ball instead of trying to be a hero.