Basketball recruiting

Viewing 2 reply threads

Scott
      Ute Fan
      @bulldog

Here is a recent video of Isaac Johnson, one of the last recruits for this 2019 class. I understand he’ll go on a mission, but from the looks of him, he just keeps getting bigger and better, and would be a priority signing for the Utes.

concerned
      Ute Fan
      @concerned

He is not considering Utah.

Scott
        Ute Fan
        @bulldog

Don’t know where you’re getting your info, but there is plenty of info on the internet stating that Utah is one of his top 5. According to some websites in his top 5, he has already scheduled official visits. I can’t find info about Utah specifically online regarding official visit, but everything says he’s still considering the Utes.

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

The reasoning “concerned” has goes like this. Issac and Matthew Van Komen, both essentially centers from the same class and from Utah, were each considering Utah. BUT, if one committed to Utah, the other was likely to go elsewhere. They were not both going to Utah. And both kids had Gonzaga listed in their top choices. Someone knows what happened, I don’t. But some believe, including me, that Gonzaga let Matthew know that he needed to wait for a scholarship or that he was not their top guy. So he committed to Utah. By virtue of committing to Utah, Issac is likely the preferred target of Gonzaga and that is where he will likely end up. Now this is just a story, based on supposition. It could be all wrong. But that is why concerned said what he did, I am guessing.

Gonzaga did offer both.

https://247sports.com/college/gonzaga/Season/2019-Basketball/Offers

Scott
        Ute Fan
        @bulldog

You may be forgetting that Johnson and Van Komen both played on the same AAU team for the last three years. VK is a 5, Johnson is a 3 or 4 because of his skill level, so there would be no reason for Johnson not to still have the Utes in the running. From what I understand, they play really well together, and they like playing together. Therefore, Utah not out of consideration, although Gonzaga specializes in guys like Johnson.

UtahFanSir
          Ute Fan
          @utahfansir

Believe me when I say this. I want to be wrong. I want Issac Johnson to be a Ute. I want to see those two kids become the next Danny Vranes and Tom Chambers for Utah.

COFfrom83
            Ute Fan
            @coffrom83

Chambers and Vranes. You’re going back a while, back to when I was there.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Basketball recruiting