Beeno Schirmer

Viewing 5 reply threads

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Hear that he isn’t coming to Utah anymore. and I saw a thread title elsewhere that said he is going to USC.

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

Utezone podcast made it sound like there is still a chance he could show up at camp today at either school.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

What a joke.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Nah. It’s a big decision. He has a talent and a skill. He should take his time and change his mind and think it through. 

I’ll never fault anyone for bettering themself or doing what they think is best for him. Whitt could leave at any time and take a better job and most wouldn’t say a word about it. 

If this kid wants to take another week or two to re-evaluate his options, I’m ok with it. 

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

He’s had weeks. He has had, I believe, a year or more. This feels like a drama move more than it does doing a best thing for me move.

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

OK, if that is how you feel. 

And, a year or more? Dude committed to us at the end of June. If I have my facts right, he finished up with classes late, became eligible very late, and committed very late. 

Nothing like what you believe. 

Again, from what I recollect, he came available late and a year early, we had connections to him and jumped all over him. It all happened very fast. 

Now, we are a long way from him coming to Utah or not. If he ultimately decides to come, great, he will be a great player for us. If he doesn’t, then that’s ok, we will be just fine without him. 

ironman1315
                Ute Fan
                @ironman1315

This may be a personal quirk of mine, but even young I got the lay of the land when making a momentous decision like this. Picking a college, that process started when I was a sophomore. Picking a law school, that started two years before I graduated. He has had years and I highly doubt he didn’t conduct visits and interview in the last year or so he has been in college working on his grades, etc. Yes, he became available late, but it’s not like it was or should have been an “Oh, just got available. Better suddenly make my decision.” And again, this is based solely off what I know and personal actions. It may not be a drama move. But it’s giving me cause for concern.

Utah
                  Ute Fan
                  @utah

I’d put money down that your reality and his are two very, very different things. I’d bet that his support structure and the people that advise him (or don’t) are very different than yours. 

I’m glad you knew early. That is fantastic. And you went to law school. That is great. Statistically speaking, you came from upper middle class to upper class, and your parents were very highly educated. 

This is a kid who was most likely the first in his family to go to college (ie, they have no clue what they are doing) and didn’t even know if he’d ever have grades to go division 1. Two very, very different situations. 

It’s hard to not put your expectations on people who have no ability to make the same informed decisions. Or are mature enough to make those decisions. 

I’d put money down that Beeno didn’t even think about admissions process to college until a coach from a college asked him about it. 

Hell, I never took that ACT or SAT. No one ever said a word to me about it. I had friends taking it, but it never clued in to me that it was something I should do. It was my SR year, May, when a guidance councelor pulled me aside and asked me what I was going to do after high school. 

“Go to college!” I said. They asked if I’d applied anywhere. “nope”. Had I taken the ACT or SAT? “Nope, when do I do that?” “Huh? It’s too late. You could sign up now, but you wouldn’t have it in time for Fall and it would be $50 plus more for every school” “I don’t have any money, we aren’t taking the ACT” was my response. 

I went to UVSC and failed out my first year. I wouldn’t be too surprised if his reality was very similar to mine. 

ironman1315
                    Ute Fan
                    @ironman1315

My parents weren’t highly educated. High school degrees. And based on income, we were middle class to barely hitting upper middle class when I was in college. Dad worked insurance for a time and got hosed by a business partner so most of his income went to dealing with debts to clients for years. Eventually, he overcame that, when I was in high school, but he always valued education and so did my mother (both from blue-collar backgrounds). When it came to making decisions, even from a very early age, they never forced me one direction or another. I wanted to play football, they talked me through it and I made a choice. I decided to stop playing football they accepted my choice.

So, in some respects you’re right, he and I are different. But, again, it’s a mindset I don’t understand. But I was always fairly neurotic and planned my life out, without my parents telling me to. Hell, I still plan and make plans for various hypotheticals. What happens if I get fired, new job offer, what parameters would make me leave my present job for a new one? What about a whole career change? It’s a neurosis of mine that helps me make large life decisions that I have had for a long time.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Beeno wants Utah
      Mom wants USC

I’ll never understand how a grown ass man can’t say no to his mommy

1 4

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Ha ha. Look around. If anyone should understand this, it should be us. How many people are in Utah because they want to be close to mommy? There are a ton of people who give up much better opportunities to stay very mediocre but close to mommy. 

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Hell, I’m one of them. I basically wasted 10 years of my life trying to make it work close to my dad. It is what it is. Maybe that is why I’m more understanding of these situations. 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

This I don’t understand as a parent. I would help my kid make a choice and help him think it through, but the choice is his, not mine.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

What if your kid is a real dunce though?  

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

I’d certainly be more proactive in the decision-making process and do my best to lay it out as best I can then give him my opinion about what I think is best. But, it’s still his decision I wouldn’t force him one way or another.

32utahutes
        @32utahutes

Where did you hear that?

Dwight89
      Ute Fan
      @jordan-buckner

Why is this the first time I’m hearing about this Beeno Schirmer fella? Who is he? What position does he play?

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

Talented offensive lineman.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Kids that usually do this sort of late entry crap despite being able to decide early usually fizzle out and are never heard from again. 

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

Deseret News had an extended interview of Whittingham, looks like he thinks Beeno is not coming to Utah, I guess there is still a chance, but if the coaches aren’t hoping for it then I’d guess it’s not happening.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Beeno Schirmer