Bentley is a baller, but he really sucks at times

Viewing 4 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

He has the perfect attitude for a QB, and at times he can put really great touch on the ball, but man, he just isn’t very good at throwing the football consistently.

The offensive line is still not good. They consistently let guys through untouched on obvious passing downs, and they got owned up front on obvious running downs again.

I hope that when Bentley gains more confidence in his offensive line, he’ll be more accurate with his throws.

This team is a lot of fun to watch when he is making decent throws. With a good QB, we would be really good again this year.

Our defensive backfield, particularly the side of the field with Mataele and Phillips, was atrocious in the first half defending the pass. Phillips looked completely lost at times, and didn’t even know who had the ball on that screen play that went for a long touchdown. They got it cleaned up in the second half though.

Sewell had an excellent game.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Heard Hans and Dolce talking after the game. They said Ludwig had a stern talk with him at half time. Looks like he responded.

UteBiz08
      Ute Fan
      @utebiz08

I think the frustrating thing is the lack of consistency with Bentley that you’d expect with the experience he has. Hats off to him in the second half though…way to clean it up and grind it out.

BJA 13
      Ute Fan
      @bja13

Bentley has very good pocket presence.   He’s kept a lot of plays alive because it that.   Definitely not the most consistent passer, and not the strongest arm in the world….but we’ve had worse.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Yep, great pocket presence. This is the one area where he is elite.

I was also super happy to see enis get some balls thrown his way

Dallas
          Ute Fan
          @dallas

Good to see Enis and Thompson with some nice catches.

Cesar Chavez
      Ute Fan
      @le-cockgrande

I think if Costelli Red shirts next year, the o-line protects better, and a couple of more deep threat receivers, Bentley will be a QB to watch next year; this year, his just trying to survive the season.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Bentley is a baller, but he really sucks at times