Bentley played solid IMHO. 18/27, 1 TD, no INT.

Viewing 8 reply threads
      9 1

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

The passes into the receivers feet, I thought, were intentional so as not to throw a potential pick. He ran the ball well for a pass pro qb. He hasn’t had a lot of time with Covey and hopefully some chemistry can build off of this game. I’d like to see more passes to Ty Jordan and Covey. I’m optimistic that Bentley can be molded into what Ludwig and Utah need him to be. Need a few more down field connections. Wish we had a burner lik Dixon for those down field throws and sweep plays.

Nice to see Covey with two TD’s this game and hopefully this can turn into a trend.

4 5

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Don’t forget that he had two terrible throws that absolutely should have been picked. He is bad, there is no other way to swing it

2 1

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Bull s**t! The deep ball pass the receiver is running hip to hip with inside advantage and falls down. I can’t remember the other one. With Utah’s defense they need around 30 points to win. They could have got more points but went into drain the clock mode. Utah’s d is good and if they get rid of 3 untimely and unnecessary penalties in that game, it’s an absolute blowout. It’s a young team and I’m not saying we cannot approve at the qb position via Bentley or another player, but the stats will show he had a solid game for a traditional Utah style of game.

5 4

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

174 yards passing against OSU from a veteran QB is not going to get it done. Credit to OS, Jonathon Smith is a damn good, up and coming, innovative coach. Oregon State plays with a lot of heart and will be even better next season. If Gebbia and Jefferson played Utes lose that game. 

3 1

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Oh, you want 300 yards and 3 picks, I see. This was a step in the right direction and Bentley will build to the more yardage stats.

Trailgoat
          Ute Fan
          @utahgoat

How about a 1st down in the 4th quarter against one of the lower lever, smaller defenses in the P12? Not bagging on Bentley. Is it too much to ask a seasoned SEC QB to come in as a transfer and make an immediate impact. The point of these transfers is to make an immediate impact.

I don’t know what the answers are, that’s what the mulit-million dollar coach is paid to do. If it’s system issue than figure it out so Bentley, Rising, or whoever the next QB is set up to succeed. All I know is there are potential NFL WRs blocking their asses off not getting the ball in space.

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

Well, he didn’t play last year, got no
            Spring football, and whatever reduced fall practice they had. I see flashes of his experience. When there’s a decent pocket, he has decent presence and stepped away from some sacks last night. Hopefully he shakes some more rust off and plays better against Colorado. I don’t really see us winning that game, but I’d love to see him make some better throws.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Two games with multiple drives to put the game away and the offense goes 3 and out. That’s on the entire offense being bad. Throwing a duck at a players feet in multiple games is not intentional.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Has he improved since game one? Yes. Does he look like a senior who started 30+ games in SEC? No. He’s serviceable at best. We were lucky to not have any interceptions yesterday. 

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

They were fortunate Covey had the PR TD.

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

Not sure what game someone watched if the takeaway waa bentley was solid. Truly bad take. When he wasnt missing wide open players he wasnt SEEING wide open players. Consistent with that last point his primary option is his only option – no ability to go through progressions. The drop off in talent from huntley to bentley is the greatest dropoff in talent and skill ive seen at utah at any position.

3 2

Cesar Chavez
      Ute Fan
      @le-cockgrande

These are the same chumps that criticized Huntley when he had a bad game; same old BS. Next week they’ll be watching the game very closely only to pick up on Bentleys mistakes so they can come in here and say “see I told you so, Bentley sucks”…blah…blah.

1 1

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Bentley was solid ? Missing wide open throws and throwing two potential interceptions. The issue with Bentley is he has 32 starts coming into this year. But plays like a true Frosh. Dude is serviceable at best and that will only win you games against the lower level pac teams like yesterday. Not good.

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Bentley is good for 10-15 yard throws (usually), outside that window he’s been surprisingly bad. But he’s surprised and impressed with his scrambling and picking up 1st downs.

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

He looked good at points and then like absolute dog poo others

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Bentley played solid IMHO. 18/27, 1 TD, no INT.